****Michigan Game Thread****

11 minutes ago, TheSker said:

The winning formula was mentioned on this site when Albert's was conducting his top secret search.

A big name head coach with highly qualified assistants.

Colorado may have to renegotiate Sanders contract to keep him 

They certainly have the money now.

Unsure who I would call highly qualified on his staff.

To date, in one month, the estimated revenue Prime has generated from CU is $280 million......For his 5 year $29 million contract.  Be interesting when Shiloh and Shedeur leave.  Shedeur good go pro, but Prime said he won't leave to be #2 behind Caleb as he won't take a back seat to anyone.  Who knows.  

I am ambivalent about the Rhule hire.  Really wanted Prime/Urb and Chadwell.  Still not impressed with the staff.  But it's early.  Just not what I'd have expected when Trev opened the treasure chest and Rhule looked in a box of cracker jacks for the prize.

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I like the smoked by Oregon reference when we just barely lost to Michigan.  In Lincoln.

Lol, I don’t know what point or agenda you’re trying to make. You can read my posts- not once did I say we r better than Colorado or out recruiting them. In fact- I’ve said multiple times that we r in the gutter- we’re a power run and defense team who doesn’t have an o line with a pulse, a rb who somehow has regressed in the 13 months he’s been here and now coughs up the rock with regularity and a bend don’t break defense that doesn’t get pressure on the qb, constantly gives up long 3rd down conversions and plays the receiver not the ball which often results in open catches for an immediate tackle but zero change of a pass break up or int. And to top it off, we have a field goal kicker who sucks a$$ and misses 30 yard attempts by 30 yards to the right and a punter with zero ability to control where he’s punting or pin a team within the 10.

perhaps you’re confusing me other posters but not once have I tired to spin the ineptitude above as us being superior to Colorado or really anybody.

what I have said is those expecting a miracle change and competitive team in month 1 of a new staff a pipe dream and delusional.

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You mean "home run threat" as in the two 70+ yard TD runs HH had last week?

Yes, he had a few nice runs last week against LA Tech. Unfortunately, that couldn't carry over today. Say you're an opposing DC, which QB challenges you more?

Empty reps against 3rd stringers doesn't exactly prove anything to anyone, especially the rest of the team. Without the nice run from Fleeks, leaving our starting QB in all game would have been even more embarrassing with zero points to show for it. 

11 minutes ago, lo country said:

Unsure who I would call highly qualified on his staff.

To date, in one month, the estimated revenue Prime has generated from CU is $280 million......For his 5 year $29 million contract.  Be interesting when Shiloh and Shedeur leave.  Shedeur good go pro, but Prime said he won't leave to be #2 behind Caleb as he won't take a back seat to anyone.  Who knows.  

I am ambivalent about the Rhule hire.  Really wanted Prime/Urb and Chadwell.  Still not impressed with the staff.  But it's early.  Just not what I'd have expected when Trev opened the treasure chest and Rhule looked in a box of cracker jacks for the prize.

It's not that early.

Rhule is a failed NFL coach with a career college record slightly above .500

Riley esque.

• TBH 2
7 minutes ago, TheSker said:

It's not that early.

Rhule is a failed NFL coach with a career college record slightly above .500

Riley esque.

Rhule got himself a big paycheck. We are his last stop. Not because he is likely to build a culture of winning but rather because nobody else will be silly enough to hire him

• TBH 2

7 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Putting Riley and Rhule on the same level is a little wild. Riley won 10 or more games exactly once in his 17 year career. Rhule's college coaching career lists three such years in seven full seasons.

3 times!  Wow!

11 minutes ago, WWG1_we_GBR said:

Rhule got himself a big paycheck. We are his last stop. Not because he is likely to build a culture of winning but rather because nobody else will be silly enough to hire him

Exactly.

Buyout U.

7 minutes ago, TheSker said:

3 times!  Wow!

Three times in 7 years is rather impressive considering the circumstances surrounding Rhule's previous stops. Ten wins shouldn't be the standard we are expecting, especially at this stage. Just getting to a winning record would be a solid improvement and we have a decent chance at that with the rest of our schedule this year.

1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Yes, he had a few nice runs last week against LA Tech. Unfortunately, that couldn't carry over today. Say you're an opposing DC, which QB challenges you more?

The QB who doesn't give it to me four times per game.

And there really isn't anything that Sims has shown to do better than HH.  Running or throwing.

1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Empty reps against 3rd stringers doesn't exactly prove anything to anyone, especially the rest of the team. Without the nice run from Fleeks, leaving our starting QB in all game would have been even more embarrassing with zero points to show for it. 

I get it.  You're going to go out of your way not to give HH any credit for anything and ignore all the bad stuff that Sims does. It is what it is.