What did we learn Michigan Game

10 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Some of the ignorance comes from the assumption that he hasn't tried to make the adjustments, when there's just as likely a scenario where he has done the work to try and make that progress and can't.

Precisely.

I think it's one thing to arm chair QB coach him and think his mechanics need to change. I don't really have a problem with that. It's another thing to insinuate his current situation is for a lack of coaching and/or attempts to improve him. That's the ignorant/weird part.

Unless, of course, we've got a live stream camera feed into every moment of coaching and development HH has received in the last 3-4 years, in which case my DM's are open for the link. Always looking for new content to consume.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

No.  There isn't anything like that.  People just like to think they have all the answers.

That's what I figured. :thumbs

I do like how some people are boiling down talent acquisition and performance expectations into basically how much NIL money we're willing to spend. Screw talent identification, the sales pitch, finalizing the recruitment, installing them into the scheme, development, and then getting them to execute on Saturdays. It's all about them Benjamins dammit. /sarcasm

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

That's what I figured. :thumbs

I do like how some people are boiling down talent acquisition and performance expectations into basically how much NIL money we're willing to spend. Screw talent identification, the sales pitch, finalizing the recruitment, installing them into the scheme, development, and then getting them to execute on Saturdays. It's all about them Benjamins dammit. /sarcasm

Everything anyone has reported (which is all just relatively speaking, no on has hard numbers to publish), indicates we are near the top in the NIL game.  Most of the big-money numbers that have been reported have turned out to be false.  

Are we #1?  Almost certainly not.  Are we in the top 10-12?  That seems extremely likely.  And possibly toward the middle of the top 10-12.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Precisely.

I think it's one thing to arm chair QB coach him and think his mechanics need to change. I don't really have a problem with that. It's another thing to insinuate his current situation is for a lack of coaching and/or attempts to improve him. That's the ignorant/weird part.

Unless, of course, we've got a live stream camera feed into every moment of coaching and development HH has received in the last 3-4 years, in which case my DM's are open for the link. Always looking for new content to consume.

LOL.  When you say precisely to @Lorewarnpost, who has said HH hasn’t tried?  Here’s what someone said a while ago however which insinuates without saying it was attempted to change but change wasn’t happening so let’s move forward with the current state of affairs…..

Now all that said, if HH arms slot is the only one he can get his limited effectiveness with, then he needs to be taught how to find passing lanes, or pass blocking technique needs to be changed to create throwing lanes for him.  Both of which are possible.  

Or maybe the coaches have said “this is what we got this year and there isn’t much upside to the work it takes to change him so let it ride cause someone else is playing next year anyways”. 

“While I don’t have access to each days practice plan for NU, each day has a bit more than a few minutes of individual drills if they practice anything like any other team.  The reason……..to make sure technique being worked on isn't lost or small tweaks from film study worked on and to continue muscle memory.  

If you are trying to say that a wholesale change in someone’s throwing motion is not going to happen during the in season individual drill time then you are correct and no one has said otherwise. “

“Either his HS coach, Scott Frost, Harry Potter dude, Whipple, and now Rhule/Satterfield said things are fine, he’s good with the side arm action as 6’5” QB or they tried to get him to change and HH either can’t or won’t.   10% batted down rate is beyond terrible which is where HH is sitting at now. “

Not quite sure the point of second paragraph however,  when you know approximately zero people have done that including HH.  And just remember, we aren’t talking about reading defenses, figuring out what checks to make, knowing progressions, time management…..we’re talking about an adjustment to level of the elbow, not necessarily even an adjustment in the hinge which is a more in depth change.  

So even without being around HH 24 hrs a day 365 days a year for the past 7 years, I can confidently say either he won’t  change (which could mean he tried and decided it wasn’t for him) can’t change, or coaches decided he isn’t worth the effort to change at this point or points in the past.  (And i never said he didn’t try)

All thoughts are my opinion which is worth approx zero dollars and zero cents, same as anyone else’s here.  Not worth discussing or disagreeing anymore so I will be moving on. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Everything anyone has reported (which is all just relatively speaking, no on has hard numbers to publish), indicates we are near the top in the NIL game.  Most of the big-money numbers that have been reported have turned out to be false.  

Are we #1?  Almost certainly not.  Are we in the top 10-12?  That seems extremely likely.  And possibly toward the middle of the top 10-12.

I kind of wonder... I don't follow NIL much, so it seems like the only conversation I see concerning it is from the beat writers (Sipple, Callahan, McKewon, et al.), and I don't trust their sunshine pumping anymore.

• Plus1 2
50 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I kind of wonder... I don't follow NIL much, so it seems like the only conversation I see concerning it is from the beat writers (Sipple, Callahan, McKewon, et al.), and I don't trust their sunshine pumping anymore.

It's not just from them.  Casey Thompson said the same (admittedly, he only had Texas to compare to, but still).  Seems like there was another transfer as well, but I can't remember who.  Other media guys - and I believe other coaches - have said the same thing.

30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It's not just from them.  Casey Thompson said the same (admittedly, he only had Texas to compare to, but still).  Seems like there was another transfer as well, but I can't remember who.  Other media guys - and I believe other coaches - have said the same thing.

Fair enough. Obviously he wasn't going to get much at FAU, so makes you wonder how good it really was here for him to leave and not compete.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ZRod said:

Fair enough. Obviously he wasn't going to get much at FAU, so makes you wonder how good it really was here for him to leave and not compete.

Regardless of NIL, guys want to play. Thompson was given the starting QB job at FAU his former Texas head coach, so he took it. I would hope he had plenty of cash leftover after getting 6 figures from NU in 2022.  NU also paid for Thompson’s shoulder surgery done in the spring. 

• Plus1 1