The Hunt for Red October

knapplc

4 hours ago, tmfr15 said:

three, four, five....... all seven.

There is not a game left on the schedule that strikes fear in the hearts of anyone. Nebraska could win them all. Nebraska could lose them all since we get in our own way. I am seeing a run here that could take us all the way to 9-3 and a pretty decent bowl. Got to agree with  ...  TonyStalloni ... Now is the time to strike and get this done. With the additions to the BIG, it's going to be harder, and we need momentum.

Just one nitpicky thing here I take a little issue with. We’re used to blaming bad results on the Huskers getting in their own way. For sure that is the way it has been in prior seasons but I have yet to see that being the issue this year….maybe the stupid play call of a QB sneak from the shotgun, with no push from behind against Michigan could be labeled getting in our own  way but that’s about it. The games we have lost this season is almost entirely attributable to not having any of the needed pieces on the O side of the ball. Not getting in our own way with stupid and ill timed penalties and overly poor coaching choices hasn’t been the issue. Somehow, for me anyway, losing because we just don’t have good enough QB, WRs and OL seems to be more palatable than pissing away games on stupid things. Like I said, nitpicky….

TBF, I can see how the turnovers in our first two losses could be considered getting in our own way. But I look at it as hey, we had a turnover machine playing QB, of course there were going to be turnovers. Not really unexpected or fringe occurrences.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

A complete roster overhaul with all new players is probably necessary. Let's hope they start winning to reverse it all

Yes, Rhule may have to pull a Deion in this era of NIL and transfers.  I hope the NIL money people have a lot of cash bags ready. 

53 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, Rhule may have to pull a Deion in this era of NIL and transfers.  I hope the NIL money people have a lot of cash bags ready. 

He does have a recruiting class that might reach 30 with only 9 scholarship seniors. Between last year and this upcoming season, Rhule is essentially going to do the same thing as coach Prime, just in two years instead of one. Presumably, they genuinely thought the team had a chance at making a bowl game, mostly because the schedule and the entirety of the B1G West is an embarrassment to P5 football.

If Nebraska is able to go 3-1 in the next 4 games to beat last seasons win total, it will go a long way in helping Rhule build the culture he wants. If they go lose Friday night, especially if it's a blowout, things will get ugly fast. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

And Terps .... more powerful than I initially thought.  Probably Mike Locksley will award Coach of the Year

Maryland is a big case of 'look at who they've played'. Virginia is winless, Michigan State fired their HC, and Indiana just fired their OC, and might fire their HC at the end of the season. They play Ohio State next, and, well...

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, Toe said:

Maryland is a big case of 'look at who they've played'. Virginia is winless, Michigan State fired their HC, and Indiana just fired their OC, and might fire their HC at the end of the season. They play Ohio State next, and, well...

True but win is a win. 5W-0L.  Made #26 both Coaches poll & AP.  Massey Composite, #23 ...... Huskers, #82.

Last year bowl, Turtles beat N.Carolina St. Wolfpack ..... key Terps players, return including QB Tau