The Israel-Hamas War

So let me see if I'm getting this story straight..

Israel, with the most advanced targeting and missile systems known to man and with a drone fleet that can make out the nike swoosh on someone's shoes, and with reports and knowledge of the exact locations and movement of easily identifiable vehicles with a food relife charity, accidentally executes a strike against said food relief charity. The survivors notified  the IDF they had been attacked, some of them get out of that car and into another car, and Israel accidentally strikes that one too  (over a kilometer away), only to finally accidentally strike a 3rd car for a 3rd time over 2.5 km away. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

15 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

So let me see if I'm getting this story straight..

Israel, with the most advanced targeting and missile systems known to man and with a drone fleet that can make out the nike swoosh on someone's shoes, and with reports and knowledge of the exact locations and movement of easily identifiable vehicles with a food relife charity, accidentally executes a strike against said food relief charity. The survivors notified  the IDF they had been attacked, some of them get out of that car and into another car, and Israel accidentally strikes that one too  (over a kilometer away), only to finally accidentally strike a 3rd car for a 3rd time over 2.5 km away. 

Yep. That's what happened. 

They even dropped ordnance right through the charity's logo on the roof. I suppose that could be a coincidence. Or it could be a message.

Several charities, including World Central Kitchen and Anera, are pausing operations in Gaza as a result. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
32 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'd like to point out that opposition to Israel's prosecution of Gaza has quickly moved from the Wacky Left to the mainstream position, with a lot of people brushing up on their Mideast history.  

Everyone is still an a$$h@!e over there. Hamas sucks, the IDF sucks, and normal people are caught in the middle of the war machines.

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1

13 hours ago, commando said:

not exactly the right thread...but no others are close so.....iran is being attacked by islamic militants from Pakistan

The Middle East is one screwed up part of the world.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

They are both in the wrong. Maybe Israel can decide 30,000 killed is enough to make up for the 1,000 killed and raped. But I think they just want to take over the entire region and govern it, but only as occupiers, because they don't want those people to vote.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think we should have been doing this all along.  

Almost 0 countries should be getting a dime of tax payer money. 

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Yep!  And has been for 2,000 years and will continue to be.

As long as radical religion (Islam) is controlling that area it will cease to be a pinnacle of anything but oppression. 

• TBH 3
7 minutes ago, Decked said:

Almost 0 countries should be getting a dime of tax payer money. 

As long as radical religion (Islam) is controlling that area it will cease to be a pinnacle of anything but oppression. 

Yep, I agree.  I think all normal people agree.

There is nothing that can be done in terms of "talking it out" and all that stuff.   

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Do you think that either side thinks there could be total peace someday? 

The only way this could end is if an entire group is forcibly moved or destroyed. Two incompatible groups and ideologies. 

• TBH 2
1 minute ago, Decked said:

The only way this could end is if an entire group is forcibly moved or destroyed. Two incompatible groups and ideologies. 

I think you are right.  I think everyone thinks you are right.

• Plus1 1