2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

9 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

He fumbled vs Cal and lost his helmet on the play, literally spent time sitting on the field straightening out his head sock before even looking to see who recovered his fumble.  

Right, I think in the telecast they said maybe he is headed to Oregon.  He looked completely disinterested. Hard pass from what I saw. He needs something ready made and table set for him. 

Nebraska will probably find another dual threat qb who can't throw and is turnover prone.  I hope for the better but Nebraska seems to not like to get new nice things.  We tend to shoot ourselves in the foot a lot.  I really wish they stop going after a dual threat qb and go get a pock passing qb.  The last qb that didn't have wheels to run was Zach Taylor and look how we did.  Yes different time and conference but same concept.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Nebraska will probably find another dual threat qb who can't throw and is turnover prone.  I hope for the better but Nebraska seems to not like to get new nice things.  We tend to shoot ourselves in the foot a lot.  I really wish they stop going after a dual threat qb and go get a pock passing qb.  The last qb that didn't have wheels to run was Zach Taylor and look how we did.  Yes different time and conference but same concept.

And what do you consider last year's QB?

14 hours ago, Akees said:

Almost went to Ohio St out of high school. If he were to choose them now that could trigger a certain domino effect that could benefit Nebraska. 

IIRC, he was a really late Oregon flip but Ohio State might've also been in the mix. There is weirdly some smoke on him going to Michigan State which I kinda get as I don't think MSU has a literal scholarship QB on their roster presently. In retrospect, he should've gone to Oregon, redshirted and spent a year under Bo Nix's tutelage but hey, he wanted to play from day 1. The talent is undeniable but man, his body language was terrible at UCLA. And he played like crap! 

9 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Ummm…. I still have nightmares about the statue of Tanner Lee. He could be noted as the QB who began this downward trend.

4 hours ago, Akees said:

Sipple says that Sam Leavitt (MSU) has interest in Nebraska. Would be a Redshirt Freshman next year. Former 4* recruit.

1 hour ago, twofittyonred said:

PASS

Hey now. Didn't he throw a touchdown to beat Nebraska? I was in the stands for that glorious completion, his only of the game. :lol:

In all seriousness, you only know that a handful are really good college QBs based on production they've already had, and those guys will be fought over heavily. Some might have been products of their old systems however, or of their old coaching staffs. Less experienced transfers might flourish in a new setting, and with new coaching.  We basically can't predict what will happen.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

I can’t imagine we don’t go big on a QB. We had some of the worst QB play in all of CFB and for Nebraska in all long time.  We just re-upped with our DC and the defense has a lot going for it.  We can’t waste another year of a top defense with the offense we saw.  There was no reason we should not have won 7 games this year, excuse me there was a reason…the offense. We are not paying Rhule the big bucks to have an offense that poor. It’s his job to fix it and get it right.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I can’t imagine we don’t go big on a QB. We had some of the worst QB play in all of CFB and for Nebraska in all long time.  We just re-upped with our DC and the defense has a lot going for it.  We can’t waste another year of a top defense with the offense we saw.  There was no reason we should not have won 7 games this year, excuse me there was a reason…the offense. We are not paying Rhule the big bucks to have an offense that poor. It’s his job to fix it and get it right.

I'm pretty sure he knows that and I believe he talked about it the other day.  He specifically said that we aren't unlucky, we need to get better.

I'm betting we see a pretty good jump in offensive production next year.  It sure as hell can't get much worse.

• Plus1 2