2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Does anybody actually think we will get a so called top tier transfer qb from that list?  I remember HC Matt Rhule saying it would cost 1.5 to 2 million to have a good qb but that might be to low to draw them here.  I would be shocked if Nebraska does get a great qb with NFL potential or is willing to spend.  Nebraska probably will say we aren't about spending and more about developing.

That's my concern.   Rhule will either need to adapt to how the college game has changed or he's not going to meet expectations 

• Thanks 1

Wisconsin lands a transfer OLB, less than 24 hours he decommits and redirects everyone to his "NIL Agent." Which is a thing that should not exist IMO - I'm all for players having a choice to go somewhere else, but when you have to recruit their agent instead of them? That's crazy. Money can be the biggest factor for a player, that's fine. But it's literally going to be the only factor if you let an agent handle it all, and some guys will regret that.

Tweet from the player was just deleted, but said:

My agent Chris Walsh @TXRecruited will be handling all my official visits and recruitment so anything involving my recruitment please contact him

Dude doesn't want you questioning how much he charges, and also can't be bothered to learn the difference between their and there. Most coach salaries are public information, so go ahead and have your guys ask.

• TBH 1
27 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Wisconsin lands a transfer OLB, less than 24 hours he decommits and redirects everyone to his "NIL Agent." Which is a thing that should not exist IMO - I'm all for players having a choice to go somewhere else, but when you have to recruit their agent instead of them? That's crazy. Money can be the biggest factor for a player, that's fine. But it's literally going to be the only factor if you let an agent handle it all, and some guys will regret that.

My agent Chris Walsh @TXRecruited will be handling all my official visits and recruitment so anything involving my recruitment please contact him

Dude doesn't want you questioning how much he charges, and also can't be bothered to learn the difference between their and there. Most coach salaries are public information, so go ahead and have your guys ask.

Yikes. That "agent" seems like a real POS after reading some of his responses to people calling him out

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

This whole thing is a joke.  It's 100% out of control.  

Unless it makes Colorado look bad.  Then I like it.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 5

1 minute ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

Maiava had turnover problems in the MWC title game,  but he is worth a strong look.

As for the NIL agents, I wonder if this is some players response to what happend with Dexter at Florida and his nil deal

Not sure how it's going to help. I don't expect schools will do anything with contracts even when it's an agent, so it's promising a piece of the pie to someone else when the pie may or may not actually exist. I get wanting some guidance, I just think the ones I've seen look very predatory.

• TBH 1