2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

53 minutes ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

That's my concern.   Rhule will either need to adapt to how the college game has changed or he's not going to meet expectations 

It will be interesting to see how he handles it long-term.  Obviously last year we needed more.  Reports are we don't have as many spots as we originally thought we did for this year so probably a pretty small transfer number this year.

It sure seems like he's a lower-transfer, higher-recruit guy right now.  And I'm not particularly opposed to that.  But I think Nebraska is a place that could really benefit from going after transfers.  Just have to find the right balance.

• TBH 2

25 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This tells me the are trying to build a QB room because I don’t see them bringing in this guy to start.  I really hope they bring in two.

Bring in two replace Sims no matter what. HH stays and does whatever post spring. 

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Give me him and Howard and I feel pretty good. If we take just this one we are gonna win 5 games next year.

If Leavitt is joining, then no chance he is the only one. You have to assume we’re also looking for a 1 year fill in to balance out the classes.

<insert 1 year QB here> Sr

Chubba Jr

HH Jr

Leavitt Fr

Kaelin RFr

2 hours ago, chamrocck said:

There are so many good QBs in the portal. We need to land a couple.  This is a significant test for Rhule and our NIL.  If we don’t compete now, then when? 

I agree. As we saw this past season, if you do not pick the right portal QB it has a ripple effect on the full team. Rhule needs to get it right and find a strong backup in the process.

• Plus1 1

Leavitt was the #21 QB in the 2022 class (.9026 in 247C).

Zane Flores was #30 QB in the 2022 class (.8878 in 247C).

Leavitt recruiting profile -> https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Leavitt-46108915/

As a senior in 2022 he led West Linn to a 12-1 record and the Oregon 6A state title. He threw for 3,065 yards, completing 70 percent of his passes, while firing 36 TDs to 5 INTs; he rushed for 720 yards and 8 TDs.

Originally committed to Wash St. Decommitted late in the process and flipped to Mich St. Washington offered Leavitt after Kienholz flipped to Ohio St, but too late to get him.

• Plus1 1