2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

34 minutes ago, Toe said:

Don’t forget about the 3 sisters. Princess, Princessly and…..wait for it…..Bertha. Not sure what’s up with that? 

• Haha 6
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Don’t forget about the 3 sisters. Princess, Princessly and…..wait for it…..Bertha. Not sure what’s up with that? 

Reminds me of Prince Amukamara

"He has five sisters, named Princess, Promise, Peace, Precious, and Passionate."

From his wiki bio

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Hopefully the process of gaining a transfer portal qb doesn't take long.  Does anybody know if their is a deadline or cutoff date?  You would think transfer qb's would want to commit right away so they can get enrolled but I don't know if the process is the same for graduate transfers.

They will probably come off the board in a week or two. 

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

Trevor Etienne in the portal.  Probably Bama or Georgia bound.  But a man can dream of seeing him in Nebraska 

Yeah we can dream big but reality comes back to hit us in the face.  No chance with him.  Colorado has a better chance of landing him they just got the number 1 tackle in the nation from Florida smh.  Can't we have nice toys too for Christmas??

So I know that HC Matt Rhule said it would cost 1.5 million to 2 million to go get a qb but do you think that if Nebraska were to have to pay more they would and could to change the culture?  So say Nebraska and Miami were going head to head for his services and both schools offered him 2 million dollars do you think Nebraska would make a higher final offer to him to gain his services or are we only going to spend 2 million and take it or leave it type scenario?

14 minutes ago, nic said:

Not the portal, but crazy season none the less. Seems unlikely this would be true although I could see matching an NFL RB salary.

You gotta think Harrison Jr is definitely gone. Getting a giant bag as a RB though is pretty compelling. Less games, fewer carries, way weaker competition. It's definitely something to think about.

23 minutes ago, nic said:

Not the portal, but crazy season none the less. Seems unlikely this would be true although I could see matching an NFL RB salary.

A top of the 1st round pick makes in the $6M-$8M range as a rookie.  So I could see someone ponying up that amount for Marv.

But in the NFL the big money is getting to the 2nd contract.  I would think you would want to get to that ASAP.

• TBH 4