2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Okay. You should let Rhule know. He seems to think $1-$2M is what it takes.

McCord may think he's a $2M QB but he's not. If he were he'd still be a tOSU. Consensus there is he basically did the bare minimum with the top WR room in the country. He can make a lot of throws but his decision making (i.e. the end of The Game) is lacking.

I've never been super hyped about him, but he would have been an upgrad here at least.

I’m totally shocked by this. It’s like he was all ready to commit, and something happened. If it was Raiola, then that’s very disappointing.  Other programs can have two highly rated QBs at the same time. 

However, I started scratching my head on this when his dad claimed the spotlight was too bright on him at OSU.  Well, it’s just as bright here. Maybe the fan base here scared him off some and he would rather be at Syracuse where there is less pressure. 

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m totally shocked by this. It’s like he was all ready to commit, and something happened. If it was Raiola, then that’s very disappointing.  Other programs can have two highly rated QBs at the same time. 

However, I started scratching my head on this when his dad claimed the spotlight was too bright on him at OSU.  Well, it’s just as bright here. Maybe the fan base here scared him off some and he would rather be at Syracuse where there is less pressure. 

He wants a guaranteed starting spot if I had to guess. He basically jumped ship at tOSU right after Day's post season interview where he was a bit coy about the starting QB job going forward and basically hinted it was open tryouts for the Cotton bowl.

10 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

If this is what went down, good.  I don’t think this is how Rhule wants to do it and I support that.  Spending that kind of cash on one player seems to go against what he’s said.

Gronowski

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4695400/mark-gronowski

Miller

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4693331/cam-miller

Bouman

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/4429179/aidan-bouman

Just to add to the thoughts on raiding the Valley for a 1 year wonder.........

Pro Picks: Easton Stick will lead Chargers to an upset road win over Raiders in first NFL start (msn.com)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

He probably got a good look at our O line.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I mean, I could see that as a good reason.

s#!t, most of us posters can't handle it when one or two other people rip on us, s#!t we had to get rid of the "eye roll" emoji because some of us are so sensitive.  Imagine what it is like for the starting QB at OSU where none of the games matter (unless you lose) and the only game that DOES matter is Michigan...

He can play his last year at a school that still has decent fans but not the insanity.  He can still get scouted, still get a shot at sitting on an NFL bench, all without radio shows, post boards and podcasts ripping him 24/7 no matter how he plays.  

• TBH 7
37 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, I could see that as a good reason.

s#!t, most of us posters can't handle it when one or two other people rip on us, s#!t we had to get rid of the "eye roll" emoji because some of us are so sensitive.  Imagine what it is like for the starting QB at OSU where none of the games matter (unless you lose) and the only game that DOES matter is Michigan...

He can play his last year at a school that still has decent fans but not the insanity.  He can still get scouted, still get a shot at sitting on an NFL bench, all without radio shows, post boards and podcasts ripping him 24/7 no matter how he plays.  

sooooo, Purdue?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

A couple of things in hindsight are red flags.

Didn't want to play against tOSU

Didn't care for the spotlight at tOSU

Didn't like that he was asked to battle for the starting QB for bowl game.

But, what do I know.  All three of those are probably the reason why he didn't chose Nebraska.  And everyone has said it in many different ways, but he wanted to be guaranteed a starting QB role, and once DR came into the picture that wasn't the case any more.

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, soup said:

A couple of things in hindsight are red flags.

Didn't want to play against tOSU

Didn't care for the spotlight at tOSU

Didn't like that he was asked to battle for the starting QB for bowl game.

But, what do I know.  All three of those are probably the reason why he didn't chose Nebraska.  And everyone has said it in many different ways, but he wanted to be guaranteed a starting QB role, and once DR came into the picture that wasn't the case any more.

The first two reasons make sense....but recent history would suggest he wouldn't be in a battle to start a bowl game if hew came here.  lol

Demond Demas updated his Instagram profile to say "Ball catcher @huskerfootball". For those who haven't been following along, he's had some legal troubles, so he could end up just being our next Arik Gilbert (ie don't get your hopes up). He was a 5* guy out of HS (originally went to A&M, then Garden City CC), but it looks like On3 & 247 downgraded him to 3* as a transfer.

• Worth a Look 1