2023 College Football Playoff

suh_fan93

16 minutes ago, OmahaPlaya said:

FSU with a 10 point win over Louisville yet I think they should still get in that FSU defense is something fierce.

If FSU doesn't get in, it would definitely put to bed the "we don't need a playoff, we have the regular season" argument.

And, for that matter, the arguments for only having a four-team playoff.

And, the "expanding the playoff will devalue the regular season" argument.

I am getting tired of the argument that you can't keep the SEC out. There are hardly any games that can be used to compare conferences, and it seems like the SEC plays badly in bowl games as often as not. I think in general they are way overrated. And that doesn't mean I think they aren't the best conference, but they are put on this pedestal like they are far above the rest, and I don't buy that they are. Also, you can be the best conference and not have one of the best 4 teams in the country.

So again, their team that's supposed to be in the playoffs already lost to a non-conference opponent, and that team just won their conference championship. How do you leave that team out? And how do you leave FSU out when they are undefeated? And it's not one of those ACC years where they just suck. Plus, while I know the transitive property doesn't always work out, FSU beat LSU by 21, Alabama beat LSU by 14. 

I think they will end up leaving Florida State out, but shouldn't.

• TBH 1

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

If FSU doesn't get in, it would definitely put to bed the "we don't need a playoff, we have the regular season" argument.

And, for that matter, the arguments for only having a four-team playoff.

And, the "expanding the playoff will devalue the regular season" argument.

Agreed!