What Is Your Favorite Husker Game You've Ever Attended?

Mavric

Just now, 84HuskerLaw said:

Every OU game in the Osborne & Solich era.  Win or lose, they were typically the de facto national championship. 

Frankly the last four years of Devaney.  All were THE game every year.  Don’t remember the year but the ice bowl vs OU in Lincoln when Calvin Jones tore em up!  One of my all time favorite players!

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

1992 was the Halloween Night Massacre when NU beat CU 52-7. It was a night game, but wasn’t raining.

1994 NU-CU was an 11 AM kickoff at home.

1996 was a dreary 2:30 kickoff on the day after Thanksgiving.  CU replaced OU for that date when the Big 12 was formed. It was cold and wet day. Very close game.  Neither team could get much going offensively.

1998 was very much the same as 1996. Cold and wet. 2:30 kickoff that ended in the darkness of the early evening.  Another close, hard fought defensive battle.

I just remember I went with my brother in law that lives in Colorado and he got us tickets in the CU section. Everyone was respectful….but it was rather enjoyable.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

1992 was the Halloween Night Massacre when NU beat CU 52-7. It was a night game, but wasn’t raining.

This is my answer to this question. It was precipitating, but not raining. We were wearing ponchos. Traffic was garbage and we got to our seats late.

Loudest I've heard that stadium. Really, really fun and cathartic game.

Honorable mention goes to 2011 Ohio State, the big comeback. The first 40 minutes weren't great. The last 20 were amazing.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3

1.  The Halloween Massacre.  As knapp said it was loud and it was the darkest the crowd in Memorial Stadium I've ever seen.  Coming off the tie the year before and the losses before that even the blue hairs were booing and cussing the Buffs and their fans.  Loved it as a 12 year old

2.  95 Fiesta Bowl.  Enough said

3. The 10-3 Oklahoma game.  Quiet as hell when the offense had the ball, but the place was shaking every time the Blackshirts were on the field.

4.  Henery Kick Suh Pick against the Buffs.  PLace was insane the last two minutes

5.  The Ohio State B1G Conference Home Opener.  Had tickets right in the middle of the OSU parents section.  John SImon(stud DL for the Bucks) parents were right in front of me and a buddy and turned around and congratulated us on the win when Bausermann came trotting onto the field.

Honorable Mention. Northwestern Hail Mary, Helu running all over Mizzou, USC kicking our a$$, Billy C's last game running it up on KState

• Oh Yeah! 1
On 11/4/2023 at 8:35 AM, gbrnu1 said:

1978 Nebraska vs OU

That was my first Husker football game.  We had seats in the south endzone.  Cold as hell - I've never liked hot drinks (hot chocolate, coffee, etc.), so 7 year old me was drinking ice cold Coke to add to the chill.

My favorite game has to be NU vs Wisconsin on No Sit Sunday in 2014.  Great atmosphere.  I wish we could get that kind of atmosphere in PBA all the time.

• Oh Yeah! 2