****Wisconsin Game Day Thread****

Also, we have now lost a game every way. With the lead and then watched the other team march for a walkoff FG. Marching the field needing a td for the win and turning it over. And now playing it safe for overtime, getting there and then losing. Rhule has tried every option to win a one score game, we have lost all our top receivers, our top 3 running backs, most of our offensive line, and 2 of our 3 qbs to injury and yet there are only 2 games that we couldn't have won. Backups are getting valuable playing time, setting us up for success in the future. I think with Chubba we win at Iowa. Also, my kind has not changed. Sat needs to go. 

1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

Right, because it’s not like 90% of this board was demanding satt get fired last Saturday for… wait for it….. being aggressive and take the L

This board man, I fear we’ve all banged our heads a bit too much and our memory in the gutter

You shouldn't be scared to win. I'll take a turnover on trying to win over backing into OT showing no confidence in your players ANY DAY! You gotta learn how to win sometime. This crap isn't cutting it. 

Just now, gossamorharpy said:

Right, because it’s not like 90% of this board was demanding satt get fired last Saturday for… wait for it….. being aggressive and take the L

This board man, I fear we’ve all banged our heads a bit too much and our memory in the gutter

You actually have a point here, however nobody was asking them to call high risk plays. They were asking to keep 15-20 additional secs on the clock. That gives you 2 plays, which don’t have to be aggressive. You can want better clock management and moderate to low risk plays at the same time. The worst choice is to lose your options by losing 15 seconds on 3rd down. 

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I feel Johnson could do better if given more snaps. Maybe it’s just coaches today in general but it seems we don’t believe in running backs getting into a groove and rotate every 2 plays. 

You could be right. Our running game doesn't give our guys much of a chance. They start from way back and fight to get back to the line most of the time. I don't think these modern coaches know anything about running.

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

We can complain about the time management at the end of the game...AND WE SHOULD...but let's also not forget that Satterfield's offense failed to score any points for 45+ minutes of game time.

Satterfield needs to go.

I can't emphasize this enough.  His offenses have never ranked very high.  Rattler is much improved this season (new OC, scheme, language etc....).  Live in SC.  Have Gamecock family/friends.  They were ecstatic he was hired away.  Dude sucks.  Plain and simple.

• TBH 2

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You actually have a point here, however nobody was asking them to call high risk plays. They were asking to keep 15-20 additional secs on the clock. That gives you 2 plays, which don’t have to be aggressive. You can want better clock management and moderate to low risk plays at the same time. The worst choice is to lose your options by losing 15 seconds on 3rd down. 

There is actually a huge difference in the situations though.  Last week you are playing at home and tied.  Today trailing on the road.  Entirely different cases.  And most coaches at all levels will echo play for the win on the road, overtime at home.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Come on man, you know damn well they were two very different situations. Tie game with a cold qb in, could take lead with 3 minutes left with a defense that hadnt given up anything all day at home. 

Running all over WI driving down the field down 3 on the road. Get first down and then run 30 seconds off the clock instead of using your timeouts and running it down their throat more. And if they stop it then kick the fg. Dont play not to lose, play to f#&%ing win based on the situation and how the game has gone up to that point. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1