Tony White a Candidate for Syracuse HC Job

2 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Man why would a DC want to go on that staff? There is clearly something going on with how Riley runs that team that is not conducive to having a good defense. They have had good coordinators and elite players and just have never put a good defense together. Grinch was getting legit HC buzz and has a lot of stink on him now he will have to work to build his name back up. 

+1. That offense will score a lot of points but your defense will see a lot of plays due to the explosiveness. And TOP. Late in the year you are going to have a lot of depth issues. Especially in the B1G. 

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think if White leaves it'll be for a head coach position.

FYI this is the post I was referencing. Wasn’t sure if I could straight up post that or not. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, gossamorharpy said:

Hate to break it to ya man, he didn’t have the number 1 defense here last year. And also hate to break it you, if money is in the same realm he’d be foolish not to go to usc. 

as far as attention goes- it’s easy for you to say he’s getting all he needs here. Let’s be real- usc provides a platform that is easily tenfold the exposure he currently gets here at lincoln

forgot where I said he had a number one defense.  Also its a lot more work to just jump ship to a new school, recruit new kids, install your defense that the new school doesn't run.  What type of exposure do you think he needs?  Pretty sure if you field a top 25 defense the people that matter know about you.   Maybe he just wants a second year with most of his guys coming back.  Maybe he doesn't want to live in or around LA?  

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

If you had the number one defense in the country and your offense was a turd sandwich and you still lost games do you not have the same shine as the number 5 defense with a complimentary offense? Also getting guys at Nebraska who weren't as highly ranked as the guys at USC to play better defense gives him plenty of shine.  

Sorry, for whatever reason I cannot select multiple quotes from different pages in this thread like before... I assumed this post of yours was painting nebraska as the number 1 defense with a turd sandwich for an offense.

I sincerely hope he doesn't go to usc, but if it happens, i cant necessarily fault the guy. Heavy socal/southwest ties, fertile af recruiting ground with really no peers in LA, national title contention potential is significantly higher there.  He turned this dumpster fire of a defense around quickly, coaches like that are typically very confident they can do the same at a place like USC with easier access to better players and also that Big10 money

57 minutes ago, Decked said:

+1. That offense will score a lot of points but your defense will see a lot of plays due to the explosiveness. And TOP. Late in the year you are going to have a lot of depth issues. Especially in the B1G. 

FYI this is the post I was referencing. Wasn’t sure if I could straight up post that or not. 

Going to be very interesting next year to see if USC will need to change a bit to the style in the bigten or if the bigten gonna need to change to factor in USC.  Outside of ohio state and michigan, every other big ten member today is gonna struggle mightily to play the TOP and field position game against an offense that regularly puts up 40+.  Sure, some winter games late season will slow USC down but if I was a betting man, something tells me they're going to transition to bigten play just fine.  tOSU ran this league for 10 years straight mainly due to having way more talent + world class coaching... jury out on riley given this past year but they are going to have some skill players at their disposal (along with oregon and washington) that would destroy the schedule we just played this year