****Iowa Game Day Thread****

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I am for real!  The greatest fans in college football is no more.  We complain like none other.

I actually think Nebraska nice needs to go. Sure we need good sportsmanship but it has morphed into this soft mentality and playing for participation .500 seasons. I live in So Cal and there are real dudes playing HS football. None of them even know what a Nebraska is.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
8 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I’m tired of the s#!t accountability, lots of coaches are axed the day after a couple losses like this. We have 5 inexcusable losses. Rhule is safe but he has to flip this roster and coaching staff. DO NOT be fooled by 5 wins ahead of schedule talk. We all saw the games. We flat out suck.  All the teams coming from the PAC 12 will absolutely murder us. This better be rock bottom. 

This is not rock bottom. Rhule will not make coaching changes. Like his predecessors, he believes we are close to turning the corner. The reality is that we are so far from that corner, it might as well be eons away. Not a hyperbole. The West this year has been the worst division in power 5 football and we only mustered 3 wins against teams that are not so good. Even northwestern found a way to become bowl eligible. Next year will be worst. We will be lucky if we get to 4 wins. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

This is not rock bottom. Rhule will not make coaching changes. Like his predecessors, he believes we are close to turning the corner. The reality is that we are so far from that corner, it might as well be ions away. Not a hyperbole. The West this year has been the worst division in power 5 football and we only mustered 3 wins against teams that are not so good. Even northwestern found a way to become bowl eligible. Next year will be worst. We will be lucky if we get to 4 wins. 

Not in yr 1, 

9 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I’m tired of the s#!t accountability, lots of coaches are axed the day after a couple losses like this. We have 5 inexcusable losses. Rhule is safe but he has to flip this roster and coaching staff. DO NOT be fooled by 5 wins ahead of schedule talk. We all saw the games. We flat out suck.  All the teams coming from the PAC 12 will absolutely murder us. This better be rock bottom. 

These season results with the easiest schedule in years. 

I hope you like volleyball. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, huskerfan74 said:

This is not rock bottom. Rhule will not make coaching changes. Like his predecessors, he believes we are close to turning the corner. The reality is that we are so far from that corner, it might as well be ions away. Not a hyperbole. The West this year has been the worst division in power 5 football and we only mustered 3 wins against teams that are not so good. Even northwestern found a way to become bowl eligible. Next year will be worst. We will be lucky if we get to 4 wins. 

I watch a lot of college football.  We are terrible. The defense is alright but the offense could be the worst in power 5.  If Rhule can’t see this we are in huge trouble. The PC talk is we are getting better but the schedule only gets worse. If we do not get some difference makers on both sides of the ball we are done. Why we can’t make FGs or return a punt is inexcusable. Pay me and I could get better results.

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

I watch a lot of college football.  We are terrible. The defense is alright but the offense could be the worst in power 5.  If Rhule can’t see this we are in huge trouble. The PC talk is we are getting better but the schedule only gets worse. If we do not get some difference makers on both sides of the ball we are done. Why we can’t make FGs or return a punt is inexcusable. Pay me and I could get better results.

It's not the pros, you have to play the year with what's available available. We don't have free agency.

All I know is that husker fans deserve better than this s#!tshow. Now, people will listen to rhule’s BS trying to justify yet another horrible loss and they will eat it up like thanksgiving turkey. Sick and tired of coaches who talk as if they know what they are doing. While some on this board would like to blame our players, they are not the ones getting paid millions. Our coaches are and it is on them to put their players in a position to win. Our defense got the turnover we needed to win and Matt Rhule and Satt botched it with horrible play calling. You are who you are. You are either a good coach or you are not. Rhule is OK. Satt is not. Expecting different results next year is a pipe dream. If I were Ty Robinson, I would declare for the NFL. Would not waste an opportunity on this lame offense. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It's not the pros, you have to play the year with what's available available. We don't have free agency.

You say that but these kids get paid in tuition and now real money.  They get free adidas clothes and shoes as much as they want.  They have facilities that rival pros.  They (atleast many) expect to be treated like royalty    They can leave school and goto another anytime they want now.  I would argue they are pros , especially in the NIL era 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1