Iowa Game What did we learn?

TGHusker

51 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

The Buffs season is over tomorrow too

And one of their wins was against us.  Hard for me to ridicule Prime when we have lost the last 3 to CU.  And the last one to him.  They were 1-11.  Going 4-8.  Improvement.  We were 5-7 last year.  5-7 this year.  Our D "looked" better, but the O is the worst in P5 for sure.  Possibly the entire FBS. I'll wait until the season is over to see where we ranked.  I am guessing no higher than 128...

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'd go back to those days in a heart beat over the crap since he was fired TBH.  He struggled for multiple reasons, Carl leaving, Sanders being let go, admn hated him etc....But over the crap I have watched since then?  Absolutely.  

Regretfully, I agree.  The regretful part is that Bo often was not the best representative of the school.  But perhaps it is better to have a sometimes well meaning jerk who wins vs a nice guy who loses. 

Just now, Scarlet said:

Ouch... I'm both

Or a Vikings fan as well. 

• Plus1 1

Thought that we'd have 5-7 wins, there'd be considerable encouragement of moving in the right direction. Learned that the team hasn't learned nearly enough yet. We improved a few degrees. There's been some progress though there's a long, LONG ways to go.

Injuries and quarterback performances proved limiting. Don't see enough playing with intention from this team, too much trying. Anticipated a bit better season. LOTS of work to be done. 

GBR

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Regretfully, I agree.  The regretful part is that Bo often was not the best representative of the school.  But perhaps it is better to have a sometimes well meaning jerk who wins vs a nice guy who loses. 

Or a Vikings fan as well. 

Yep.  I truly miss Bo's passion.  Rome is burning and Riley watched chewing gum, Frost all stoic and arms crossed and Rhule just meanders up and down the sidelines....At least Bo was at risk of getting a 15 yard sideline penalty or an injection for yelling at the refs.  Kids would run through a wall for him.  I am also disappointed in Rhule after the "If we die, we die speech.   That was like the Spartans "with your shield or on it", but he hasn't lived up to that.  Nor has the team played to that.  He got me this year with his speeches.  Not again....

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
2 hours ago, presidentjlh said:

There is an honest to goodness curse on this program. I am convinced.

it goes back to the colorado thrashing in 2001

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

Yep.  I truly miss Bo's passion.  Rome is burning and Riley watched chewing gum, Frost all stoic and arms crossed and Rhule just meanders up and down the sidelines....At least Bo was at risk of getting a 15 yard sideline penalty or an injection for yelling at the refs.  Kids would run through a wall for him.  I am also disappointed in Rhule after the "If we die, we die speech.   That was like the Spartans "with your shield or on it", but he hasn't lived up to that.  Nor has the team played to that.  He got me this year with his speeches.  Not again....

Why did they get rid of Bo, he was a great coach

I miss Pelini’s passion but when it started going bad he just couldn’t be the spokesperson for Nebraska. Rhule is a good spokesperson and has some passion. But I have yet to see it in the other coaches. Where is my dawg recruiter or my motivator position coach?  I don’t see it, especially on offense. I want coaches that coach toughness physically and mentally. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BIG8forever said:

it goes back to the colorado thrashing in 2001

Why did they get rid of Bo, he was a great coach

He dropped the F-Bomb too much.  The admn hated him as he was close to TO, Carl (his brother) hit on or picked up some donors wife IIRC. Eichorst when he fired him made a comment to the effect of where Iowa is and where we are and that we did not want to fall in mediocrity......Bo was 3-1 against Iowa....40-2 against teams sub .500....was something like 9-14 against ranked teams....Yep drunk monkey....