QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

2 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Bingo.  Exactly what I was thinking.  Maybe trying to get UGA to up the ante.

I am guarded. lol.  After a season of heartbreak, I can't handle another this caliber.

What will happen is the McCord will back off, taking Flemming out of picture..... DK (who actually comm. to Mizzou bc of DR, will decommit and move on.... at the last minute, GA comes through with NIL bonus for DR and he stick with Georgia, leaving us holding the bag.  Worse, is if Purdy enters portal and is pissed we are looking to replace him forever with McCord and DR..... THIS WOULD BE PART OF THE CURSE ! lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, HANC said:

I am guarded. lol.  After 10+ years of heartbreak, I can't handle another this caliber.

What will happen is the McCord will back off, taking Flemming out of picture..... DK (who actually comm. to Mizzou bc of DR, will decommit and move on.... at the last minute, GA comes through with NIL bonus for DR and he stick with Georgia, leaving us holding the bag.  Worse, is if Purdy enters portal and is pissed we are looking to replace him forever with McCord and DR..... THIS WOULD BE PART OF THE CURSE ! lol

FIFY

• TBH 1

What I would expect with a recruit like Raiola coming to a dumpster fire program like ours is one main thing (and then an obvious second one in the new era of NIL):

1. The big draw is having the potential to play much earlier than you would somewhere else.

2. You somehow get a bigger paycheck than any other competing offers.

#2 is very plausible. But #1 is more of a head scratcher if McCord is coming in.

18 minutes ago, Undone said:

What I would expect with a recruit like Raiola coming to a dumpster fire program like ours is one main thing (and then an obvious second one in the new era of NIL):

1. The big draw is having the potential to play much earlier than you would somewhere else.

#2 is very plausible. But #1 is more of a head scratcher if McCord is coming in.

In this day and age it's rare that a qb plays a whole season without getting injured so maybe he could see the field faster.

21 minutes ago, Undone said:

I think what likely happened is there is uncertainty if Raiola would be playing next year at Georgia.  If all is equal and he has more of a connection/feels like home here, it becomes a much easier choice to play for nebraska.  I'm sure rhule has been upfront saying McCord would be slotted in #1 on depth chart but not a for sure thing and Dylan would have a chance to win the job.  

As far as money is concerned, something tells me Georgia has no problem matching/out do what we can offer.  Its not like Dylan is potentially leaving a Big12/Pac12 school.

Perhaps the easiest answer is the Raiola family has lived in georgia for a bit now and maybe they've found out the lifestyle/scene just isnt for him.

• Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!