Saban Retiring

19 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Same reason he hasn't been mentioned for any other jobs.

Frost Advisory.  16-31

lol...yep.   but in a way...scott does seem to be the type that saban would have hired as a reclamation project in some capacity.

25 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It appears Bama has been turned down...3 times???

HAHA. 

Morons thought they could pry away dudes at other good places making crazy coin.  

Epic fail.  

How soon could/would you be on the plane?

9 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

I think this has already been debunked right?  Quite a few confirmations yesterday dan lanning was seen in Eugene at a movie theatre with his wife lol.... college football hysteria at its finest... remember when we all thought the Sweater was gonna be our coach in 2014?  good times good times

It's just crazy to think about the power shift that could be taking place coach wise. Saban retires, Smart and Harbaugh go NFL all of the sudden there is a vacuum as far as top coach in the country goes.

A little off topic but damn, I really really wish Frost would’ve worked out here. He was so young when hired and coulda had a 30yr run, thru ups and downs. 

alas, things are as they are. I’m really glad we have Rhule now and with this dynamic coaching shift, conf realignment, retirements/carousel plus the portal and NIL…I think we got our guy at the exact right time: 

Old enough to know better and young enough to build and maintain. 

I see some good things happening here for Dear old Nebraska U 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, I am I said:

A little off topic but damn, I really really wish Frost would’ve worked out here. He was so young when hired and coulda had a 30yr run, thru ups and downs. 

alas, things are as they are. I’m really glad we have Rhule now and with this dynamic coaching shift, conf realignment, retirements/carousel plus the portal and NIL…I think we got our guy at the exact right time: 

Old enough to know better and young enough to build and maintain. 

I see some good things happening here for Dear old Nebraska U 

I'm glad we found out in 4+ years and it didn't linger for a decade plus.  Flirting with a 9 win season.  Winning 6-7 per year.  Making it to bowl games, but never in the hunt for a conference championship.  Thanks for the memories coach Frost.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Nobody wants to follow Saban.  It's a real issue.

It's going to be a challenge to win there I believe.  At least they success they are use to.  What Saban was able to do while turning over coaches that got promoted every year I still don't think it talked about enough.  Yeah, he won a lot of games, but he was constantly doing it with new coaches.  Roll Tide! :)