Huskers Hire Glenn Thomas as Co-Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach

21 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

How did Glenn Thomas offense fair at Arizona State? I ask bc I know Herm Edward's got fired but was the offense the problem or something else (NCAA violations, defense)?

Offensive rank was not great but better than we were this year. He had to split the year with 2 QBs each playing about half the games and both had better years with him than without. They set a school record that year for completion percentage. Their RB had 1192 yards 16 TDs and 5.5 ypc.  Nothing mind blowing but it was one year and who knows what kind of talent they had. I do remember watching some ASU games from that year when Thomas was rumored to be the OC hire and they ran some interesting routes that looked effective. 

• Fire 1
28 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Sounds like our new coach is working hard. Rhule doesn’t seem like a guy who sits around in the off-season.

Yeah that was one of things that Trev Alberts wanted was a coach to be out there in the public.  Even though the wins haven't come yet, he is starting to be the face of the program or one might argue he is.  To making radio interviews and public appearances you can't say he isn't working to trying to improve the roster and bringing back respectability to the program as well as doing a great job of being accessible.  If the offense takes a step forward and the defense plays as well as they did then we can get to a bowl game.  I still would like him to bring in another qb to add depth to the qb room and just in case of injury bc I don't trust what is behind Raiola.  

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Thank you.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
11 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Offensive rank was not great but better than we were this year. He had to split the year with 2 QBs each playing about half the games and both had better years with him than without. They set a school record that year for completion percentage. Their RB had 1192 yards 16 TDs and 5.5 ypc.  Nothing mind blowing but it was one year and who knows what kind of talent they had. I do remember watching some ASU games from that year when Thomas was rumored to be the OC hire and they ran some interesting routes that looked effective. 

I asked bc If Satterfield struggles do you think Thomas would replace him after the season and still be the qb coach??

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I asked bc If Satterfield struggles do you think Thomas would replace him after the season and still be the qb coach??

What if Satterfield doesn’t struggle? What if he only struggles a little bit? What if Val’s stops selling pizza in the stadium, then who is OC and QB coach?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Worth a Look 1
59 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

What if Satterfield doesn’t struggle? What if he only struggles a little bit? What if Val’s stops selling pizza in the stadium, then who is OC and QB coach?

I only said struggles bc when he was at SC fans weren't happy with his play calling.  Now I know we were very limited with what he could call last season but now that we have people in place we should be a lot better baring any injuries to the offense. Yes it will take time to gel but please don't call a play to throw a pass on third and short just run the damn ball.

• Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Huskers Hire Glenn Thomas as Co-Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach