Nebrasketball @ Northwestern

Slow defensive rotations, poor energy (Mast & Williams!!), great shooting by NW... and yes, another road loss. Need a PG, starting Williams there doesn't seem like the answer. (The other broken record, offensive rebounding, too...)

• Plus1 1

The B1G hasn't helped them much with their schedule.  They have played 11 games in 35 days between 1/3 & last night.  Including the Michigan game on Saturday they will play seven games in 31 days to end the season.  I understand that they are young and in really good shape, but that many physical games in that short time period takes a toll.  They are the only team that has played 13 conference games.  Iowa plays Penn State tonight & it will be both teams' 12th game.  No B1G games on Friday, so Nebraska will be the only team at 14 by the end of the day on Saturday.

• Plus1 2
33 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Against Illinois there were some pretty terrible calls at the worst time.  Yesterday was just a beating.  Only thing the officials could of done to help us was some kind of mercy rule.

I don't think anyone is looking for refs to help exactly. I think most fans just want consistency on both ends of the court and throughout the game/season. As an example from yesterday, the most obvious error was the 10-second backcourt violation late in the second half. Northwestern got trapped 5 or so seconds after inbounding and called a timeout. After the timeout, they inbounded the ball as we pressed and didn't cross half until there was ~16-17 seconds left on the shot clock (clearly 3-4 seconds after the 10 second rule). Fred and the bench went nuts, refs just ignored it. Earlier in the year, we were called on the violation in the same exact scenario.  

Northwestern's hot shooting along with some of our poor decision-making got Northwestern the win. We made a run for it the last 5-6 minutes, but just couldn't string together enough plays to overcome the hump.

Buie mocking Tominga was kind of sad/pathetic

3 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I don't think anyone is looking for refs to help exactly. I think most fans just want consistency on both ends of the court and throughout the game/season. As an example from yesterday, the most obvious error was the 10-second backcourt violation late in the second half. Northwestern got trapped 5 or so seconds after inbounding and called a timeout. After the timeout, they inbounded the ball as we pressed and didn't cross half until there was ~16-17 seconds left on the shot clock (clearly 3-4 seconds after the 10 second rule). Fred and the bench went nuts, refs just ignored it. Earlier in the year, we were called on the violation in the same exact scenario.  

Northwestern's hot shooting along with some of our poor decision-making got Northwestern the win. We made a run for it the last 5-6 minutes, but just couldn't string together enough plays to overcome the hump.

Buie mocking Tominga was kind of sad/pathetic

After a timeout, the 10 second rule resets.  If the ball goes out of bounds and the team keeps possession the 10 seconds does not reset.  Stupid rule, but that's the NCAA for you.

• Plus1 1