First Seven Games

10 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I am convinced we will continue to lose to Colorado until such a time when our fanbase will stop brazenly assuming there is NO way we lose to Colorado.

So, it’s the fans fault? 

If people really cared they quit watching. Geesh. 

27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He is pretty good.

They lost so many games because their defense was basically the worst defense in D1.

And their OL was horrible as well.  Giving up over 50 sacks.  Revamped OL again. They picked up a transfer from Indiana, but looks like the other guys are from G5.  New DC, a lot of new faces again and looks like something we should win. But I felt that about a whole lot of games the past 10-11 years.....Hoping that an actual QB, solid (improved DL/D) and catching them in week 2 should help.  

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, Big Red Viking said:

He's not that good.  He lost 8 games last year.  We would have beaten them with a mediocre quarterback.

Hmm. He ranked #8 in completion %, #12 in passing yards & #10 passing yrds per game our of 130 FBS teams last year. He was 31 for 42 (74%) for 393 yrds with no int. agains NU. Pretty good numbers for somebody that's "not that good". Wish we would have had a QB that was "not that good" last year.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
7 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

We absolutely should be, but I honestly expect like we'll be sitting at 5-2 and the season will be a real test of the teams ability to push through the "here we go again" collapse. Winning 1 (or more) out of UCLA, @USC, Wisconsin, and @Iowa is totally possible, but the added pressure of bowl eligibility is significant. Getting ahead of ourselves obviously, but getting to 6-1 or 7-0 seems too easy for us.

I agree. 5-2 (or 4-3) is where I expect them to be after the first 7. Then it will be a huge challenge to get 1 or 2 wins in the last 5 games looking at the schedule. UCLA and then getting another will be difficult. Just like last year it will be nip and tuck getting bowl eligible. 

• Plus1 1

I think Nebraska is going to kick their a$$ to be honest. The defense is going to match up well and our offense will be much better in handling the game and not turning the ball over. Nebraska has a better roster and ended with the better team last year. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
15 hours ago, knapplc said:

The Colorado game is going to come down to how uncomfortable we can make Shedeur. If he has time in the pocket we're going to have a long day.

We've lacked really good edge pressure since... what? Randy Gregory? I saw some hype about our D Line today. But we've heard that before. 

I really liked what I saw from James Williams last year.  He just got after it when he got a chance.  

I want a night game for CU almost as badly as MattyIce wanted Darnay Holmes to commit to Nebraska. The atmosphere for that game will rival 2014 Nebraska/Miami which was about as hostile a home crowd as I've ever seen at Nebraska.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
13 hours ago, Vince R. said:

I think Nebraska is going to kick their a$$ to be honest. The defense is going to match up well and our offense will be much better in handling the game and not turning the ball over. Nebraska has a better roster and ended with the better team last year. 

How about some :koolaid2:     We win the first 7 and 3 out of our last 5.    This year we finally beat Iowa and Wiscy in the same year. 

Ok, now I will wait for the yearly reality to slap me in the face.  

• Oh Yeah! 3

9 minutes ago, Big Red Viking said:

Yeah up 29 to nothing against Stanford and the score 2 touchdowns in the 2nd half.  Not the defense.

So you're argument that he is bad is based on a game where they scored 43 points?  And that it's not the defense's fault that 43 points wasn't enough to win the game?

4e0483606392a81151f80256b6b4b143.gif

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I want a night game for CU almost as badly as MattyIce wanted Darnay Holmes to commit to Nebraska. The atmosphere for that game will rival 2014 Nebraska/Miami which was about as hostile a home crowd as I've ever seen at Nebraska.

Oh man, we had a sweet tailgate spot that year!  

Lot 7, I think.  The crowd was insane...I think that is the year that get partying on The Rez banned.

The lot we were in was bananas, if I ever get around to loading up pictures I will share some.  We had this "Shot-Gun" and it was a HUGE hit.  

We even ended up with a girl we did not know getting hammered and passing out on one of our chairs and then peeing herself.  Her friend said "That is just what she does".

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1