RB Jarvis Giles

Kid will end up at SC......good luck to him.... I am not sure why we just don't make McBurse feel like he is our #1..... Let's get the guys who are sure they want to be here.... nothing like having Giles say NU next week, giving up on McBurse, and then have SC-TN still calling until Feb.

A week before signing day, he backs out to SC and we are left holding the "bag".......... forget him and GET MCBURSE..... I think he is just as good anyway.

#1 I highly doubt u know any more about where Giles ends up than the next guy

#2 As was stated earlier, Giles graduates early so if he commits to NU we dont have to worry about TN & SC coaches calling him in February

I dont know if this is good or bad..

December 02, 2008

Giles Moving Closer To Commitment Day

By Phil Kornblut

He didn't mean to tip his hand, and maybe he didn't, but RB Jarvis Giles (6-0 180) of Tampa Tuesday night may have provided a clue about what he's thinking regarding making a commitment to either USC or Nebraska. Giles disclosed that USC head coach Steve Spurrier and running backs coach Robert Gillespie will make an in home visit with him and his family Thursday night. Asked if that meeting could seal the deal on a commitment to the Gamecocks, Giles responded, "I know for a fact I'm going to.... well, I mean, I'm going to make a commitment next week." Asked if he meant he was going to commit to USC, Giles would only say USC and Nebraska are his top two. Nebraska's running backs coach visited him Monday. "It went real good," he said. "He explained a lot of stuff to my dad. My dad walked out with a lot more knowledge about Nebraska." Tennessee recruiters Stan Drayton and David Reaves are to visit Giles Friday, Giles, a former Tennessee commitment, said he's not strongly considering the Vols. "I just want to hear what they're going to say."

sounds N to me!

sounds like the question caught him a little off guard, but who knows besides him......

December 02, 2008

By Phil Kornblut

He didn't mean to tip his hand, and maybe he didn't, but RB Jarvis Giles (6-0 180) of Tampa Tuesday night may have provided a clue about what he's thinking regarding making a commitment to either USC or Nebraska. Giles disclosed that USC head coach Steve Spurrier and running backs coach Robert Gillespie will make an in home visit with him and his family Thursday night. Asked if that meeting could seal the deal on a commitment to the Gamecocks, Giles responded, "I know for a fact I'm going to.... well, I mean, I'm going to make a commitment next week." Asked if he meant he was going to commit to USC, Giles would only say USC and Nebraska are his top two. Nebraska's running backs coach visited him Monday. "It went real good," he said. "He explained a lot of stuff to my dad. My dad walked out with a lot more knowledge about Nebraska." Tennessee recruiters Stan Drayton and David Reaves are to visit Giles Friday, Giles, a former Tennessee commitment, said he's not strongly considering the Vols. "I just want to hear what they're going to say."

sounds N to me!

sounds like the question caught him a little off guard, but who knows besides him......

Huskerking

I re-read my post, and nope, never said that "I knew MORE than anyone else"...... so you are correct. <_<

* forgot message boards were only for facts, not opinions.

As far as me saying that SC and TN would be callin' in Feb........my bad......didn't realize that he was graduating early. Thanks for the heads up.

But, anyone who thinks that they wont call during the entire month of Dec. and early Jan. is nuts. So he changes his mind on January 10th, before 2nd semester.......Mcburse is probably gone, which was my intial and is STILL my point.

Kid didn't have NU on top of list, came up for a great game, got excited, which is normal reaction, then goes home, still excited a bit, but realizes his heart is in the south.... JUST MY OPINION....and by listening to interviews with recruiting services, nationally and locally (Big red report)

Hopefully I am wrong (does happen a lot), but if he says NU on Dec. 9, I wouldn't chalk it up until he officially enrolls.

December 02, 2008

By Phil Kornblut

I just read that and I don't like the sound of it. Of course it was from a USC website...

I have a feeling he's not coming here

December 02, 2008

By Phil Kornblut

I just read that and I don't like the sound of it. Of course it was from a USC website...

I have a feeling he's not coming here

maybe im not reading that right.. but all i get is he was trying to give headline material when he said "i know for a fact im going to...." i don't think that is good or bad for us honestly... i guess we'll wait and see...