QB Tyler Gabbert

Am I the only one that's thrilled he's not going to be taking up a QB scholarship? I want to watch a QB that can roll out and hit someone.

You have one of those now?! badda-bing!! :LOLtartar

Sorry, i couldnt help it. :thumbs

Well Lee just kind of falls over, Green on the other hand................

I post on a few boards with posters from several teams, and on every single one the MU posters never want to give NU any credit or respect.

What respect or credit do you think you deserve?

NU fans are constantly on Tigerboard flaming and everything else every chance they get. There are a few that are tolerable but for the most part the just want to jab. NU beat MU on the field fair and square this year and all the sudden that is license for Cornhuskers to lay out all the smack they want?

Where was the respect and credit of the past two years when MU laid it to the Huskers?

It works both ways. As for MU fan's opinion of Bo ... why do you care what they think? Does it offend you personally? Bo can handle himself.

I think a more fair question is why did this board talk up Tyler so highly since page one of this recruiting profile, and then when the slightest hint comes along that he no longer wants to play for NU, he is (insert any insult you'd like here), and the kid sucks. I mean really, for a fan base that always talks about being classy and the like, this certainly isn't an indication of it. Let's leave out the moral and ethical details of Tyler doing what he did, does that mean or justify the remarks left about him in just the last two days? I would think that being "classy" would mean taking the high road.

I hope for your sakes that many of your would be recruits and possible committs don't ever read this board, because I believe they would be truly disturbed about what so called fans of this program have to say about them.

I doubt Bo cares much one way or another what either of us think. I asked because I was curious.

Personally I think both MU and NU will be players in the North for the foreseeable future, and it would be nice to have a rivalry more like what we have with OU. However that requires mutual respect, both from people like us and people like you.

And it sounds like you are saying you don’t treat Husker fans with respect because you feel they have not treated you that way in the past. Understandable, but all this does is create a cycle of poor sportsmanship. You were treated this way so you treat others the same, who learn to treat other the same, who learn to treat the fans they meet the same, and so on.

If you don’t like something, the answer is to break out of that pattern not to perpetuate it. Otherwise you’re just being a hypocrite.

Additionally, i don't know that anyone is attacking Tyler's ability so much as they are the way he's handled himself during his recruitment.

I wasn't real high on him personally, but he was good enough for Watson and that was good enough for me.

However, continually waffling on his decision throughout the fall, complaining about the offense and wether or not it's good enough for him, and then decommitting at the 11th is not very admirable. I have no issues with Tyler the player, but i am disappointed the way he's handled his committment. His character has left a lot to be desired imo.

I just got done listening to TG's interview on 1620 and had hoped he would say something to prove to me that he wasn't stringing us along all that time. That he wasn't just using us and lying to our coaches. That he actually had some decent character. Still waiting.

:dunno

atleast he showed some guts to call into the show and set somethings straight... sorta a trippy interview.....

was a little PISSED about the commets people are living him on Facebook and the like!!

you and i both know they would get banned for this.

Wrong. They would most likely get mobbed, and be disallowed to post until 12:00 pm the following day. Very rarely does anyone get permanately banned. Not only that but being mobbed off doesn't stop them because they just sign in under a different account and come right back, because Tigerboard doesn't do IP bans.

I got banned and I am not even sure why.... I certainly didnt say anything derogatory, and I didn't even say anything that controversial....

You really can't be serious are you? I read that board every single day and to say the MU posters on there like to do anything but post jabs at NU and KU fans would be false. That is all they do, for goodness sakes the Hater guy is on there. Every single day on that board there are a half a dozen posts ripping on NU fans and another half a dozen beating on KU. Go ahead and find that on this board. You will find 1 a day, MAYBE. There are posts on that board every single day that take posts from this board or others and talk about how delusional our fan base is. That board is a pure smack talk, no real content board. The NU posters on there are of the same breed for sure, this I agree with you about, but they are just doing the same thing that the majority there have set the tone with already.

If you actually believe that then you are more far gone than I had imagined. Look around and you'll find plenty of smack talk all over this board sandwiched right between all the self congratulating and whining and bitching about Watson and the officials of every game you don't win, and half of the games you do win.

This place is no different than Tigerboard. The only difference is Tigerboard doesn't make bones trying to pretend they aren't doing it, and hiding behind some self prescribed fantasy about being classy.

This very thread itself is evidence of that. People raved and gave high fives when they thought Tyler was coming to NU, then as soon as he wasn't they because a whole different animal even going so far as to insult his family. The same thing with Curtis Carter, only that time this board lodged accusations of negative recruiting and whatever other things they could come up to explain why a recruit may not want to play for Nebraska. Stop being so damn self-righteous understand that 18 year old kids often make rash decisions.

lol seriously?

I just got done listening to TG's interview on 1620 and had hoped he would say something to prove to me that he wasn't stringing us along all that time. That he wasn't just using us and lying to our coaches. That he actually had some decent character. Still waiting.

:dunno

atleast he showed some guts to call into the show and set somethings straight... sorta a trippy interview.....

was a little PISSED about the commets people are living him on Facebook and the like!!

What exactly did he set straight? It did take guts to call in, but as far as setting things straight? I think you swung and missed on that one.

Not usually too mad about decommitts. But i hope he has the same experiences as our other quarterback decommitts have had. (Freeman, and Gabbert Diesel). If i was an offense player and was watching the games i sure as hell wouldnt want to go play offense at nebraska, but on the flip side i sure wouldnt want to play against our defense. If CC has a head on his shoulders he will go to TCU. Look what prolific receivers did against us this year. Danario, Shipley, Briscoe and Meyer were all pretty quite all game.

Go sling the ball around 40 times a game Gabby. Texas 35-7 at half in the Zoo. But you will get to pass a lot in meaningful games that will embarass you on national TV. Good luck you will need it

Sorry just had to vent. I live in Missouri and all i hear is how we cant keep our recruits. But at least we are closer to getting a complete team together. Missouri's prolific offenses have done nothing against good Defense's while our Defense can compete with any offense and keep us in the game.