Asante...

cmb23

Dude some people have nothing better to do then wHine about how a Player does.. Would you rather him play like he was playing with Callahan??? Defense is defense.. The name of the game is hit them in the mouth and let them know its going to be a LONG ASS DAY... I have seen alot worse taunting from guys playing for NU back when the DEFENSE was nasty and winning CHAMIONSHIPS.. Noone was griping then...

I would like to know who has more flags thrown against them SUH or ASANTE...

eh i didn't think it was as bad as the announcers made it out to be. IMO Reesing had slid so late that he was already in tackling motion, but the hit ended up being helmet to helmet which is what I would have thrown the flag for I guess. I couldn't believe how the announcers were just sure he'd be ejected. You rarely see a player get ejected for a hit...ridiculous IMO

I thought they overblew the situation as well. Sliding sucks for the defense because it's hard to avoid contact sometimes. On the jerky espn360 replay it appeared to me that Asante's shoulderpad contacted Reesing's helmet, but I could be wrong.

Agreed/Agreed

Of course it looks like a late hit in super slo-mo. The thoughts may have changed some had they played it back in real speed. Plus, Reesing ducked and slid so quickly.. As low to the ground as he runs, he only had to drop down a foot or so. It was a bam/bam play.

Asante appeared to lead with his head, but he wasnt. He was attacking the ball carrier who is running down field. Asante was trying to plant him with his shoulder and make a tackle on the play. Reesing ducked & dropped.

That's how I saw it.

Nothing wrong with the taunting IMO. I'm sure he felt awful when he realized the guy was hurt.

The sliding thing, that was being overly aggressive. It's also tough for the defensive player because you don't know the QB's gonna slide. You gotta come at them full speed. It was a late hit but I don't think he rammed into Reesing hard.

Sliding should be illegal...it's QBs putting themselves at risk.

Are we so quick to remember how we played in the 90's?

Asante led with his shoulder, and apparently the announcers were too blind to take an objective look at it. Yes it was late, but he was flying in there already, Todd slides at the last second and Asante collides with him with his SHOULDER, not his helmet. I would love to see how people that are calling him out for this would react in the split second time that he did.

IMO his taunting against the OU player was 10x worse.

Asante led with his shoulder, and apparently the announcers were too blind to take an objective look at it. Yes it was late, but he was flying in there already, Todd slides at the last second and Asante collides with him with his SHOULDER, not his helmet. I would love to see how people that are calling him out for this would react in the split second time that he did.

The announcers were blinded by the play from last week's game, which they also covered. They felt Asante gloated over the OU receiver (which he didn't, he was just celebrating), and let their angst carry over from that game to this.

The announcers were blinded by the play from last week's game, which they also covered. They felt Asante gloated over the OU receiver (which he didn't, he was just celebrating), and let their angst carry over from that game to this.

Agreed

it was NOT cheap hit.

have some of you guys even played football before???????

once you are going for the tackle.......it is VERY hard to stop the forward motion, especially when you are going at full speed. i had more than one of these called on me when i played and frankly the coaches were very rarely angry because its not like you are doing it on purpose.

most any person that has played defense in their life knows that it is hard to stop and it is a forgivable offense.....

it was NOT cheap hit.

have some of you guys even played football before???????

once you are going for the tackle.......it is VERY hard to stop the forward motion, especially when you are going at full speed. i had more than one of these called on me when i played and frankly the coaches were very rarely angry because its not like you are doing it on purpose.

most any person that has played defense in their life knows that it is hard to stop and it is a forgivable offense.....

Agreed.

It appears the hit fired up (or woke up) Reesing:

http://www.salina.com/sports/story/nebraskaku