SIGNED LB Michael Rose

I wouldn't put Rose in the same sentence as Lavonte other than something like they both are LBs or something like that. Here is why. Two entirely different LBs. Rose is a more natural ILB whereas David is more of a prototypical OLB. Due to injuries and defensive packages, we got to witness him play inside a bunch. I agree with daskers there is just so much that David brought to that defense that it probably hasn't even set in with the majority of us fans. I hope Mike Rose becomes a hell of a Blackshirt, but right now I would hope he becomes a last half of the season Will Compton. That is the better comparison IMO

I wouldn't put Rose in the same sentence as Lavonte other than something like they both are LBs or something like that. Here is why. Two entirely different LBs. Rose is a more natural ILB whereas David is more of a prototypical OLB. Due to injuries and defensive packages, we got to witness him play inside a bunch. I agree with daskers there is just so much that David brought to that defense that it probably hasn't even set in with the majority of us fans. I hope Mike Rose becomes a hell of a Blackshirt, but right now I would hope he becomes a last half of the season Will Compton. That is the better comparison IMO

I'll take 3 last half of the season Will Comptons locking down the middle of the field and stuffing the run. Count me in for that!

I don't think people understand how special David really was. I would say he's as special at the LB spot as Sue was on the line. The kid is such a gifted individual it isn't funny. And meeting with him a few times he appears to be an even better person. You instantly like him.

Well if your name was Sue, you better be a special player. :P

I hate autocorrect.

If we're lucky there will never be another player like Austin Cassidy. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Ya. I have no problem with the kid, but I cannot believe there wasn't someone better than him to play!! He was on Big Red Wrap Up this week, and dude has to do something with his curly ass long hair. He looks like a girl! It really doesn't help with his looks!!

Troy Polamalu says hi.

None of us knew for sure when he committed that LD would be the linebacker he became the last two years. If our new crop of recruits bring anything close to what he delivered in talent and smarts we'll have a solid class at that spot.

Solid? If they are close to what David had in talent and smarts it would be one of the best linebacker classes in Nebraska history. (Probably one of the better LB classes in college football history, for that matter.)

I doubt they are close to David.