The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Um ... I don't think the point is how much it might have hurt. It's that it's a pretty good roundhouse to the back of the guy's head.

He's trying to throw him to the ground there's no way that was intended to be a "punch".

Even if that is correct, what is the point of trying to throw him to the ground? He threw him right in the way of where he'd have to go to pursue the play.

Winston (#73 in the video) doesn't think it was intentional

http://espn.go.com/n...h-detroit-lions

"Things happen out there," he said. "I was moving him pretty good. He was trying to get off me. I don't know if it was intentional or not. I doubt it. But I think with that guy, obviously he's probably lost the benefit of the doubt with a lot of people."

"If he swings like that and hits me across the shoulder like that, it's fine," Winston said. "I'm not going to go off and say he was purposely taking a swing at my head. I think he was probably just trying to flail and get off the block.

Um ... I don't think the point is how much it might have hurt. It's that it's a pretty good roundhouse to the back of the guy's head.

He's trying to throw him to the ground there's no way that was intended to be a "punch".

Even if that is correct, what is the point of trying to throw him to the ground? He threw him right in the way of where he'd have to go to pursue the play.

The play already passed him by... are you honestly upset about this one? Because it looks like just another football play to me. Not to mention it's really not the greatest angle to see what was going on.

The play already passed him by... are you honestly upset about this one? Because it looks like just another football play to me. Not to mention it's really not the greatest angle to see what was going on.

So if the play had already passed him by, why did he do it? Just because he could? Even if it wasn't vicious that doesn't have anything to do with the game. And he's given away his right to be borderline on plays like that.

The dominance of Ndamukong Suh: The fourth-year defensive tackle out of Nebraska is playing the best football of his career. He had his best game, statistically, this season by sacking Jay Cutler twice. One of the sacks forced a fumble that led to a Nick Fairley touchdown, after which Fairley knocked Suh down in the ensuing celebration.

Much was made last week of Suh’s matchup against Bears rookie Kyle Long on Sunday. Instead, Suh saw double-teams most of the game and still pretty well dominated the rookie.

“He’s a grown man,” Long told MLive.com after the game. “That’s a grown man I played against [sunday].”

As written about a lot here in the past seven days, Suh’s ability to control an offensive line opens things up for Fairley, and ends Ziggy Ansah and Willie Young in a way few other defensive tackles can replicate.

http://espn.go.com/b...ew-lions-week-4

original.gif

Not Suh but a former Husker and current teammate:

The Detroit Lions are looking into an alleged verbal abuse incident involving starting center Dominic Raiola during Sunday's 22-9 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

Raiola is alleged to have hurled insults, some involving the sexuality and physical appearance of some University of Wisconsin band members, both before the game and at halftime.

Michael Leckrone, the director of bands at Wisconsin, told ESPN.com that the incident occurred just before the start of the national anthem in the end zone as the band was planning on finishing up its pregame performance. The Wisconsin band travels once a year to perform at a Packers game.

"The band was lined up in the end zone preparing to finish 'The Star-Spangled Banner,' which would complete the pregame, and basically they were verbally assaulted by a member of the Detroit Lions team," Leckrone said. "To their credit, they just stood there and did what they were supposed to do, which is focus on their performance.

ESPN Article

How is this even a story?

Leckrone guessed that between eight and 12 band members approached him after the alleged verbal assault. Leckrone said he did not hear the altercation happen himself, as he was on the other side of the field and was not directly involved.

For that reason, he did not want to go into detail about what was allegedly said to his students.

Suh is a defensive tackle who's by far his team’s best option as a pass-rusher. His sack totals have dipped since his double-digit rookie season, but through the first five games of this year, he’s been a constant presence in opposing backfields. The Lions have been creative in moving him around — both as a stand-up player in the middle of the line and at defensive end — but he’s managed to get pressure no matter where he lines up.

Ranks number 4 in Grantland's QB less NFL MVP listing.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/77502/the-quarterback-less-nfl-mvp-rankings