The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

I guess I'm in the minority for not having a problem with this fine. A few of the things that Suh has been penalized for and fined for in his first couple years were total BS, and perhaps some of the things he has done, such as this hit, or kicking Schaub in the balls, other players might have skated by on, but Suh has had done enough to earn his reputation (and not done enough to prove his haters wrong) that he won't get the benefit of the doubt on something like this. This would not be a $100K hit for anyone other than Suh, unfortunately.

I predict that the next hit that he gets penalized for this season will be something that a no-name player might have gotten away with, but there will be an equally large fine and/or suspension waiting for Suh as well.

It's too bad, because I like Suh, and his personality and demeanor were excellent during his time at NU, but his NFL on-field persona has gone the other way.

Clay Matthews hit out of bounds on Colin Kaepernick received zero punishment

Matthews is a bit of a media darling and gets the benefit of the doubt on crap like that. It's not right, but if Suh had done the same thing, we'd be seeing replays of him stomping heads and kicking balls again, instead of fawning over his beautiful, flowing hair.

Yep

I still don't see how the Shaub thing wasn't anything other than an accident. If Suh knew where Shaub's nuts were as he was being held and tackled to the ground, he's some sort of wizard. The only legit ones have been the "stomp" and the preseason hit on Delhomme. The one where Cutler was running down field where Suh merely pushed him in the back was bogus. His negative reputation has been built on a pile of BS from the media and a league that is completely incompetent about making punishments standard across the board.

I still don't see how the Shaub thing wasn't anything other than an accident. If Suh knew where Shaub's nuts were as he was being held and tackled to the ground, he's some sort of wizard. The only legit ones have been the "stomp" and the preseason hit on Delhomme. The one where Cutler was running down field where Suh merely pushed him in the back was bogus. His negative reputation has been built on a pile of BS from the media and a league that is completely incompetent about making punishments standard across the board.

Eh, I think the initial contact was accidental but then he gave it a little extra.

In contrast, Sapp's hit on Clifton was perfectly fine

He launched himself and hit Clifton with the crown of his helmet in the temple, that's not perfectly fine even back then. Why do you think the coach said what he did was chicken sh#t? If it was a normal blindside I would agree with you but you don't launch at a guys head like that.

Everybody loves Sapp, maybe they can love Suh one day too...

Not EVERYBODY loves Sapp. I loath him.

He's always been a jerk, but for some reason the media loves him.

The "everybody" I was referring to was the media.

Again. This play did not get him the fine. His rep did. Now, as I said before, the hit was unwarranted. Unnecessary. Especially in this day and age of player safety. But his rep is more of the issue here. He's really gotta start watchin it and keepin his emotions at bay.

agree. I thought for a while when James Harrison was making the news with hits to the head he might get banned from the NFL.