The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

I didn't see this angle before. Not as bad as I thought it was and in no way does it warrant a fine like that. It's just because it's Suh. That being said, he knows the rule and should have not peeled back and tried to block the guy below the waste. It was not necessary as that slow fatass wasn't going to catch a LB anyway.

Everyone hates Suh though, partly because of the media sensationalizing everything he does. I haven't had a problem with anything he's done personally other than the 2 kicking incidents. I just wish he'd clean up his act and try to not do stuff like this so someone else can get some of this negative attention. Plays like this will probably happen a hundred more times throughout the season and you won't hear about them.

My opinion is a hit on the guy is unwarranted regardless. We were saved in the Michigan St game last year by pretty much the same situation. Lets' be honest, Suh shouldntve taken the chance on it with his history. He's not doing his public personna any favors. That 300 lb center is not gonna catch that NFL backer from 10 yards back.

Edit: The fine is bullsh#t though. It's utter ridiculous. The things I heard on ESPN radio today without seing it yet made me expect much worse. I'm really a bit baffled. But again, Suh has created this monster, he's really gotta start watchin his p's and q's a bit.

Now, next thing is where does this lead. Is this a precedent? Where does it go with the targeting rules and such? They were just talking after a few penalties the other day that guys are simply just gonna have to start going low. Where does is now go from here?

I'd agree with this. He probably could have just run into him. Unfortunately he's earned a reputation and zero tolerance.

This gif and potential fine are exactly why I don't watch the NFL anymore.

You missed a great weekend of football. Close games. Great plays and players. Crazy comebacks. Couple brawls. The Chip Kelly Eagles vs. the Shanahan Redskins was the perfect end way to a good first week in the NFL.

And as a NIners fan, I for one appreciated your Merton Hanks jab.

• Fire 1

I think the hit is stupid on both sides. No chance of the guy making the play, but really nothing dirty about it. On the other hand everyone that plays the game has been told you play till the whistle. He was. Anyone else did it, most likely not a big deal.

I heard on College XM that Suh felt it was wrong and should not have done it. That he is really trying to clean up his act. One of his linebackers stated he had made great strides in his actions since arriving in Detroit, becoming a better person. I always thought he was a pretty good guy here.

• Fire 1

Plays like this will probably happen a hundred more times throughout the season and you won't hear about them.

Maybe we should change that. I don't watch a lot of NFL but for those who do, keep your eye out for hits similar to Suh's that he has been fined for, and we'll raise a big stink about them.

Not that anyone in the media reads this forum... or do they?

I guess I'm in the minority for not having a problem with this fine. A few of the things that Suh has been penalized for and fined for in his first couple years were total BS, and perhaps some of the things he has done, such as this hit, or kicking Schaub in the balls, other players might have skated by on, but Suh has had done enough to earn his reputation (and not done enough to prove his haters wrong) that he won't get the benefit of the doubt on something like this. This would not be a $100K hit for anyone other than Suh, unfortunately.

I predict that the next hit that he gets penalized for this season will be something that a no-name player might have gotten away with, but there will be an equally large fine and/or suspension waiting for Suh as well.

It's too bad, because I like Suh, and his personality and demeanor were excellent during his time at NU, but his NFL on-field persona has gone the other way.

I guess I'm in the minority for not having a problem with this fine. A few of the things that Suh has been penalized for and fined for in his first couple years were total BS, and perhaps some of the things he has done, such as this hit, or kicking Schaub in the balls, other players might have skated by on, but Suh has had done enough to earn his reputation (and not done enough to prove his haters wrong) that he won't get the benefit of the doubt on something like this. This would not be a $100K hit for anyone other than Suh, unfortunately.

I predict that the next hit that he gets penalized for this season will be something that a no-name player might have gotten away with, but there will be an equally large fine and/or suspension waiting for Suh as well.

It's too bad, because I like Suh, and his personality and demeanor were excellent during his time at NU, but his NFL on-field persona has gone the other way.

Clay Matthews hit out of bounds on Colin Kaepernick received zero punishment

Everybody loves Sapp, maybe they can love Suh one day too...

Wow, what a douche. I forgot all about that little episode of his.

In contrast, Sapp's hit on Clifton was perfectly fine - it was on the shoulder and in front of him, it was Clifton's fault for not paying attention to his surroundings. Sapp's douchiness and his character otherwise speaks for itself - the guy is an ass. Suh's hit on the other hand was at the dude's knees when he didn't see it coming. I have nothing bad to say about Suh's personality, especially in comparison to a prick like Sapp, but he goes a little too far on the field, and the microscope is on him.

Clay Matthews hit out of bounds on Colin Kaepernick received zero punishment

Matthews is a bit of a media darling and gets the benefit of the doubt on crap like that. It's not right, but if Suh had done the same thing, we'd be seeing replays of him stomping heads and kicking balls again, instead of fawning over his beautiful, flowing hair.