The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

There's no denying he's the all-time best player to come thru Nebraska IMO.

You can't be serious.

Why can't he be serious? It's a valid opinion.

It's a very uninformed opinion. The last 5 or 10 years, then definitely. Best All time????? Yea right.

The value of a player is measured by his absence. Take our perceived all-time greats in our program's history away from their particular teams and how would they do? I come up with Crouch and Suh as the only 2 who's not being there would make the team considerably worse.

There's no denying he's the all-time best player to come thru Nebraska IMO.

You can't be serious.

Why can't he be serious? It's a valid opinion.

It's a very uninformed opinion. The last 5 or 10 years, then definitely. Best All time????? Yea right.

The value of a player is measured by his absence. Take our perceived all-time greats in our program's history away from their particular teams and how would they do? I come up with Crouch and Suh as the only 2 who's not being there would make the team considerably worse.

that is a little misleading though, because then what you are really doing is putting all the emphasis on the backup and surrounding teammates or the difference between the starter and backups and surrounding teammates. in the 90's and even 80's we just 'reloaded'. so even though we had incredible starters, we did not really lose a step with the backup in. i do agree that the players you mentioned are some of our all-time greats and that they elevated our team more than probably any other player, but the caveat would be that the players around them had a lot of room for improvement.

i will put it this way, given your criteria, zac taylor should be considered an all time great. and maybe he should, but the point is that the team would have been significantly worse without him.

that is a little misleading though, because then what you are really doing is putting all the emphasis on the backup and surrounding teammates or the difference between the starter and backups and surrounding teammates. in the 90's and even 80's we just 'reloaded'. so even though we had incredible starters, we did not really lose a step with the backup in. i do agree that the players you mentioned are some of our all-time greats and that they elevated our team more than probably any other player, but the caveat would be that the players around them had a lot of room for improvement.

i will put it this way, given your criteria, zac taylor should be considered an all time great. and maybe he should, but the point is that the team would have been significantly worse without him.

Yeah, meh. I see your point too. I maybe confusing "great" with "valueable". But in my opinion, Suh as the all-time greatest is not farfetched. I dont think he is, but I dont have a problem with those who do. He completely changed games, and a season for that matter, from a position that is not supposed to be able to do so.

I love Suh but what bothered me was his ducking from reporters after the game. If it were me and I had a history of some questionable stuff on the field and I knew the kick on Schaub was unintentional then just address it like a man and move on. Don't duck reporters after the game making it seem as if you don't care. Again I love Suh but given his history on the field at least he needs to grow up and learn how to start handling himself.

Yeah, meh. I see your point too. I maybe confusing "great" with "valueable". But in my opinion, Suh as the all-time greatest is not farfetched. I dont think he is, but I dont have a problem with those who do. He completely changed games, and a season for that matter, from a position that is not supposed to be able to do so.

i agree. what makes crouch and suh so impressive is what they did to other teams. crouch demolished defenses, a lot on his own. suh owned o-lines and made quarterbacks his girlfriends. i do think suh makes a strong case for an all time great. he was invited to new york for cripes' sake. i just disagreed with your reasoning, i guess.

I really hate this because I love most of what Suh does but at this point I'm forced to admit he does some dirty things. I don't recall seeing these when he was at DONU so I'm not sure what the deal is.

I think the initial contact was accidental but then he gives a little extra just because he could.

I'm not in denial about Suh's actions.

He has made some very bad decisions outside of the scope of "football" on the field. That being said, I grew up watching the Pistons and the NBA during the early 90's. Some of this sh*t doesn't bother me at all. It's a man's game. I can only imagine you just get worked up.

As far as his driving issues, someone get him a damn driver.

When will Nebraska fans stop making excuses for Suh? The guy's a thug and a bully... I understand that he looked like a class act when he was at NU, but since then he has proven himself otherwise. The lot of you are seriously in denial.

is that not what d-linemen are supposed to be? ray lewis had to kill a dude before his defense was feared. in comparison, suh is not that bad.

When will Nebraska fans stop making excuses for Suh? The guy's a thug and a bully... I understand that he looked like a class act when he was at NU, but since then he has proven himself otherwise. The lot of you are seriously in denial.

Well, for one, he's paid millions per year to be a bully. No if's, and's, or but's about it.. He's paid to knock people around,hence, a bully. Thug? no way. Of course depends how you define "thug". For me he isnt.

There is no denial that the guy has some issues. Has the money gone to his head? Is he frustrated because the increase competition is keeping him from being as dominant as he was in college? Maybe he just flat out has anger issues that gets him in bad spots. One thing is for sure, he has made some mistakes that has drawn the microscope to him, so everytime from here on out that here so much as farts, everyone's gonna know about it.

Also, in regards to his driving, he cant help it if he's a bad driver. Until his liscence is revoked, there's nothing illegal about him driving? Another accident? Hell, that's what insurance is for I guess.

I'm pretty much indifferent to Suh anymore. He hasnt been here for 3 years. I dont get worked up over the things he does anymore. He's a grown man responsible for his own decisions.

• Fire 1

Suh is paid an astronomical sum to be a feared, defensive bully. That's his role, and he does it well More power to him. He is a throwback that still plays mean, old school ball in our new, candy arse age of football.

As far as him being the greatest to come through here that also had great NFL careers, Roger Craig and Tom Rathman might beg to differ--just to name two off the top of my head. He's got a long way to go to get in that category, IMHO.

• Fire 1