The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Brady's was total BS.. He could've blown out Reed's knee if his foot would have been planted.. I don't think Suh has helped himself, but I agree there won't be much about this because its Tommy boy..

I kind of thought that was what he doing. Worst part was, the announcer thought Brady was putting himself at risk by extending his leg.

That kick wasnt intentional, looked like he was defending himself from being fell on....

Not intentional? I don't see how you see it that way. While he is sliding, he is lifting his leg UP towards the defender. Now if it were to stay the same velocity, I think you could argue it was an accident, but you can see Brady looking at Reed and lifting his leg upwards to kick him. Maybe not to hit him in the groin, but it definitely looks like he meant to kick him.

If players have to adjust themselves to safety rules on defense, then the offense should be held accountable for their actions, such as this one. If he would have hit Reed in the knee, it could have been a season ending injury. QB's are taught to slide and keep their legs down. Out of all of Brady's games, I have never seen him slide like this. Can't say its how he slides.

If players have to adjust themselves to safety rules on defense, then the offense should be held accountable for their actions, such as this one. If he would have hit Reed in the knee, it could have been a season ending injury.

Welcome to the college football off season, folks.

A season ending injury to Reed's knee? Imagine how many times per game a defensive player dives awkwardly and lands on their knee, or slams into an opponent (or teammate) during the course of any given game.

This is off season banter. :)

If players have to adjust themselves to safety rules on defense, then the offense should be held accountable for their actions, such as this one. If he would have hit Reed in the knee, it could have been a season ending injury.

Welcome to the college football off season, folks.

A season ending injury to Reed's knee? Imagine how many times per game a defensive player dives awkwardly and lands on their knee, or slams into an opponent (or teammate) during the course of any given game.

This is off season banter. :)

What does that have to do with anything pertaining to this situation? A defensive player diving awkwardly and landing on their knee or slamming into another player, is that defensive players fault. This situation is simply a malicious act from Brady. Not anything the defensive player (Reed) is doing wrong. He even jumps over Brady and still gets kicked. If Brady would have connected with his knee, there could have been a season ending injury. Could have, not would have.

I guess I still don't understand your "Welcome to the college football off season, folks" Basically your saying, in the NFL, kicking the other player is acceptable? Suh shouldn't be counted as a dirty player if that is the case.

Nah, I'm just saying that the move by Brady probably isn't thread-worthy.

This is the game of football. You might, from time to time, take a foot to the junk in the course of a play. Brady stuck his foot out to protect himself; that's obvious. Suh kicked Schaub's nutsack when the ball was nowhere near either of them; it's a little different. We're homers, so we tend to side with Suh.

If a move is legal in baseball, there's no way in hell it should be illegal in football.

Where is that legal in baseball?? That's spiking and not legal in baseball. You don't see guys feel flying up in the air hitting guys in the thighs. You can slide in hard but if your spikes are up there is gonna be a brawl.