The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

“It doesn’t always have to do with stats, but to the outside world that’s what you are always gonna be graded on. Any other regular defensive tackle who has 4½ sacks and 30-some-odd tackles, they’re in the Pro Bowl. And there was a guy who went to the Pro Bowl over me who had similar stats to that last year and a little bit less.

"It’s like last week against Minnesota: I was only registered as having one tackle. You can even take that tackle away and I still had a tremendous impact on the game. People in the outside world, people who don’t really understand the position, you just have to take it with a grain of salt when they say things like ‘Suh didn’t have any tackles!’ You just gotta roll with the punches on that one. It’s tough for me, it’s tough to swallow.

“Because I’ve yet to meet a reporter or someone else who wants to talk and say bad things, come sit with me in my defensive line room and let me show them the film. Somebody who has the balls, the knowledge and the respect to come sit down with me or our D-line coach or Gunther [Cunningham] or [Jim] Schwartz and digest the film like any true professional athlete does when doing their homework. You do that, and you still have that opinion of me, then OK, you can have that opinion. People won’t do it. But it’s not an issue for me. I just got done watching two-and-a-half hours of film.”

That's an excellent, excellent article. I'm tired of hearing that Suh doesn't have the stats of his rookie year. Sure he doesn't. Offensive coordinators stay awake at night trying to avoid him. He has that kind of impact on the game. :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Talk about perception vs. reality.

Just heard the announcers on MNF (on Sat night, of course) mention that when Suh jumped off-sides it was only his 2nd off-sides of the year..........to go with 1 personal foul.

So he has played the entire season with 3 TOTAL penalities! Yet to hear the chattering class constantly moaning about his beastly behavior, you'd have thought he was this renagade imposter who should not be allowed within shouting distance of the more civilized persona on the field.

(As a disclaimer, I admit I don't understand some of the incidents he falls into off the field) And it cerainly looks like he could use/afford a personal DRIVER.

However going through an entire season (while arguably being targeted/watched extra carefully by the zebras) and only getting flagged for 3 penalities makes me believe you could win a boatload of bar bets with that stat.

This is PC pack journalism run amuck.

• Fire 1

Say what you want about Suh, but the little bit that I watched, he completely dominated the G or C he was lining up against. He blew straight through the lineman into the backfield to get that safety. I heard someone say a couple of weeks ago that he has underperformed this season, but I don't think that's the case. There is a reason why you see him targeted with sketchy controversy like with the whole "kicking Schaub in the groin" thing. It's because he is constantly in the backfield almost every down.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just gonna mention that :lol:

Suh has foregone his right to benefit of the doubt and that's fair, but I still never thought he was intentionally trying to stomp the guy. Just angry and stamping his feet. I don't believe for a minute Brady thought about risking his own super-important quarterback legs just to try to kick some defender in the jockstrap. Just an awkward slide, and luckily neither player got hurt.

Horrible mess-up of a missed TO opportunity though.