The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

If a move is legal in baseball, there's no way in hell it should be illegal in football.

Where is that legal in baseball?? That's spiking and not legal in baseball. You don't see guys feel flying up in the air hitting guys in the thighs. You can slide in hard but if your spikes are up there is gonna be a brawl.

It happens all the time in baseball. Short stops expect it and know how to move to avoid it. This player wasn't expecting it so he came real close to getting kicked in the junk.

and I would take Suh over Brady by first round KO. Under 30 seconds.

Me too. But actually, as was noticed yesterday, and if you watch "The Dude's" GIF, Brady is specifically looking at the Ravens player's knee as he extends his. It seriously looks as if he is trying to intentionally take a shot at injuring someone, not just protecting himself. The Ravens player is clearly letting up the second Brady starts to slide. Too bad the Ravens player wasn't Ray Lewis and Brady had actually succeeded at that point.

If a move is legal in baseball, there's no way in hell it should be illegal in football.

Where is that legal in baseball?? That's spiking and not legal in baseball. You don't see guys feel flying up in the air hitting guys in the thighs. You can slide in hard but if your spikes are up there is gonna be a brawl.

But is it against the rules? I haven't watched too much baseball in the last few years so I don't know for sure, but last I knew there was nothing illegal about it. Of course it's crossing lines and your teams best player is going to get a fastball in the back as payback, but I don't think there's anything in the rulebook against it.

Not even close to the same thing. Brady was protecting himself.

If Brady was "protecting himself" I don't think that is in the spirit of the slide rule the NFL put in to protect Quarterbacks. I don't think QB's get a free shot at defender's legs/nuts as they perform the slide - a move put in by the league to allow them to scramble for extra yards without being tackled.

I don't disagree that it COULD BE a split-second decision by Brady to further protect himself...but it should be illegal for him to do so in this manner because he was very close to blowing out another player's knees.

Defenders are capable of pulling up and NOT hitting him if he slides in time and we should expect QBs to have the similar capability/responsibility to NOT make these sort of aggressive and dangerous slides.

• Fire 2

I guess it's fair to say we can't know for sure either of their intents.

But I still have a feeling there's a little anti-Brady bias and pro-Suh bias going on.

I am not anti-Brady, nor am I pro-Suh. I am just calling it as I see it with my two eyes. If you give the ok for Brady to kick a player or "accidently", you should not look down on Suh for doing the same is all I said.

Defenders are capable of pulling up and NOT hitting him if he slides in time and we should expect QBs to have the similar capability/responsibility to NOT make these sort of aggressive and dangerous slides.

My point exactly.

and I would take Suh over Brady by first round KO. Under 30 seconds.

Me too. But actually, as was noticed yesterday, and if you watch "The Dude's" GIF, Brady is specifically looking at the Ravens player's knee as he extends his. It seriously looks as if he is trying to intentionally take a shot at injuring someone, not just protecting himself. The Ravens player is clearly letting up the second Brady starts to slide. Too bad the Ravens player wasn't Ray Lewis and Brady had actually succeeded at that point.

I think Brady is one of the biggest tools in the NFL. He left a pregnant wife/gf to upgrade. But some of you are unbelievable.

How can you possibly say from an internet gif that he is focused on a dudes knee? He looks like what a 'skirt' does when you throw that fake punch motion at them. You know, how someone throws their arms/legs at the attacker just before they end up in the fetal position being destroyed. Please don't hit me.

When I watched the game the first thing I said was 'What a Pu$$-E'. If you're going to run, take the hit. The rest of you are going Dr Phil on the play.

ukraine_hate_attack.jpg

It happens all the time in baseball. Short stops expect it and know how to move to avoid it. This player wasn't expecting it so he came real close to getting kicked in the junk.

Rarely do you see a spikes up slide in todays baseball like you use to see in the old days. Most of the guys now are millionaires and not trying to put anyone out.

As a HS shortstop I do have a nice scar in my thigh from an intentional spiking. But that was HS ball.

That's what the Brady slide reminded me of. No QB slides like that.

That kick wasnt intentional, looked like he was defending himself from being fell on....

Not intentional? I don't see how you see it that way. While he is sliding, he is lifting his leg UP towards the defender. Now if it were to stay the same velocity, I think you could argue it was an accident, but you can see Brady looking at Reed and lifting his leg upwards to kick him. Maybe not to hit him in the groin, but it definitely looks like he meant to kick him.

If players have to adjust themselves to safety rules on defense, then the offense should be held accountable for their actions, such as this one. If he would have hit Reed in the knee, it could have been a season ending injury. QB's are taught to slide and keep their legs down. Out of all of Brady's games, I have never seen him slide like this. Can't say its how he slides.

I don't see him trying to kick Reed intentionally, as I said, it looked as if he was trying too protect himself from a possible hit by Reed, or from being fell on by Reed. What has Brady ever done too signify that he might be a dirty player?

But is it against the rules? I haven't watched too much baseball in the last few years so I don't know for sure, but last I knew there was nothing illegal about it. Of course it's crossing lines and your teams best player is going to get a fastball in the back as payback, but I don't think there's anything in the rulebook against it.

Against the rules? No. But if you slide in to a bag like Brady slid there your either expecting to get hit the next time you're up to hit or your teammate will get hit next pitch. Just one of those unwritten rules. This coming from a college pitcher too.

Bradys slide, to me, was definitely intentional. I don't see how you could consider that unintentional when he's staring at the guys leg as he slides.

Against the rules? No. But if you slide in to a bag like Brady slid there your either expecting to get hit the next time you're up to hit or your teammate will get hit next pitch. Just one of those unwritten rules. This coming from a college pitcher too.

Bradys slide, to me, was definitely intentional. I don't see how you could consider that unintentional when he's staring at the guys leg as he slides.

Re bold: Yeah, I know, that's what I said.

I don't know if it was or wasn't unintentional, and I don't really care. I don't know if it is/isn't against the NFL rules; it's just of my opinion that it shouldn't be.