The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Suh is paid an astronomical sum to be a feared, defensive bully. That's his role, and he does it well More power to him. He is a throwback that still plays mean, old school ball in our new, candy arse age of football.

As far as him being the greatest to come through here that also had great NFL careers, Roger Craig and Tom Rathman might beg to differ--just to name two off the top of my head. He's got a long way to go to get in that category, IMHO.

I thought he was paid to be the dominant player he was as a Husker in '09. His 20 tackles so far this year are underwhelming to say the least. On that note, did anyone hear what Warren Sapp had to say about Suh? I know none of us like Sapp that much, but the guy knows his stuff. (Although I question him saying that Nick Fairley is better.)

Methinks Suh ought to step back and re-focus on exactly what he needs to do be the league's best b/c he is not there, and I don't think he's even close. Dude has all the potential in the world (we all knew that even before he nearly won the Heisman b/c of one game's performance). Time to get back to the dominant player we all know and love, not the bully who's getting more mention of fines and suspensions than sacks and forced fumbles. Shoot, even Bill Romanowski, known for being a dirty player, performed better.

I don't mind people being okay with him being a bully. What I mind is the people who are in denial and think the things he does are all incidental and he gets accused wrongly because of his reputation.

I agree with you here. There are folks in denial. As proud as I am to claim Suh to our program, i'm just as ashamed based on what really is just one incident worthy of shame, and that's the foot stomp.

Seriously-and I mean be 100% honest-if that wouldve been any, I MEAN ANY, other defensive player in the NFL swing his leg around in that exact situation and hit Schaub like it did, is it even a remote conversation the next day? I say no, which suggests that he is getting some additional attention based on his rep, but doesnt mean it aint rightly so.

The value of a player is measured by his absence.

While I suppose it's probably possible to say something stupider than this, it would be pretty challenging.

how does your post help anything?

quick, unrelated, anecdote: in college i had a philosophy professor talk about how so many students would whine and complain about having to read aristotle and plato. they would call their works 'stupid'. the professor would always challenge them: are the works stupid or those reading the works?

• Fire 1

The value of a player is measured by his absence.

While I suppose it's probably possible to say something stupider than this, it would be pretty challenging.

how does your post help anything?

quick, unrelated, anecdote: in college i had a philosophy professor talk about how so many students would whine and complain about having to read aristotle and plato. they would call their works 'stupid'. the professor would always challenge them: are the works stupid or those reading the works?

i will not respond. I will not respond. I will not respond.

Suh is paid an astronomical sum to be a feared, defensive bully. That's his role, and he does it well More power to him. He is a throwback that still plays mean, old school ball in our new, candy arse age of football.

As far as him being the greatest to come through here that also had great NFL careers, Roger Craig and Tom Rathman might beg to differ--just to name two off the top of my head. He's got a long way to go to get in that category, IMHO.

I thought he was paid to be the dominant player he was as a Husker in '09. His 20 tackles so far this year are underwhelming to say the least. On that note, did anyone hear what Warren Sapp had to say about Suh? I know none of us like Sapp that much, but the guy knows his stuff. (Although I question him saying that Nick Fairley is better.)

Don't ask us a question and then not answer it. What did Sapp say? Damn, leave us hanging.

• Fire 1

Don't ask us a question and then not answer it. What did Sapp say? Damn, leave us hanging.

x2.

Anyone notice that for the TV introductions, Suh says "University of Nebraska" and then gives a shout out to Portland, Oregeon?

Only NFL player I've seen do something like that.

You're not watching enough NFL. I've heard guys say their high schools, grade schools, etc.

x2.

My bad.

Essentially, Sapp's point was that Suh (and the Detroit Lions' HC Schwartz) needs to get contol of himself. Suh's unnecessary antics are far outweighing anything good that he's doing. Sapp then went on to say that he's really not that impressed with Suh. In fact, he said he's mostly just another player on the field taking up space, rather than being disruptive or making plays. He used the following stats to back that up: 4.5, 16 solo tackles + 4 team tackles. Sapp said Suh could learn a thing or two from Fairley, referencing that Suh isn't even the best tackle on his own team, let alone an elite tackle in the league.

I don't totally agree with Sapp, but he makes some great points.

x2.

My bad.

Essentially, Sapp's point was that Suh (and the Detroit Lions' HC Schwartz) needs to get contol of himself. Suh's unnecessary antics are far outweighing anything good that he's doing. Sapp then went on to say that he's really not that impressed with Suh. In fact, he said he's mostly just another player on the field taking up space, rather than being disruptive or making plays. He used the following stats to back that up: 4.5, 16 solo tackles + 4 team tackles. Sapp said Suh could learn a thing or two from Fairley, referencing that Suh isn't even the best tackle on his own team, let alone an elite tackle in the league.

I don't totally agree with Sapp, but he makes some great points.

i honestly think SUH's behavior can be blamed on his frustrations from playing against better talent than he was playing in college. especially when he had it comparatively easy in college because he was so much better than the o-lines he was facing.