Martinez, Lee both out?

Schu

We have a good group of coaches, one of the top D's in the nation and a boat load of talent on offense. If Lee is hurt I am sure the coaches knew about it since yesterday like the rest of us. We will be Ok, a plan is in place people...Cody Green has the tools to win this game and if he turns the ball over a few times I believe the D has his back. Do we lose confidence in our D and the rest of the team because of Green? Hell No!!! We walk with a W.

:bonesflag:

Couple things we've learned:

Bo Pelini is more than happy to manipulate the infomation he gives to the press if it might give him a strategic football advantage.

This team plays better with a chip on its shoulder, and having expectations fall onto essentially the third string quarterback in some ways relieves the pressure of being an overwhelming favorite and focuses the team to play better for Cody.

I'm not worried.

Unless we start fumbling.

And Iowa State's stacking of the box starts working.

But I'd bet a full on Husker romp is more likely.

Getting close to game time I admit to getting spooked. Cody is a great kid without doubt and luckily we're playing a team we should dominate. If this game was vs OSU, TAM or Missou I would be sweating 50 cal bullets.

I can see it go either way....Cody lights it up "or" turns the ball over all over the place. I hope it's just the Heebie Jeebies and we'll be fine.

Bo Pelini is more than happy to manipulate the infomation he gives to the press if it might give him a strategic football advantage.

I don't think they found out about the severity of the injury until after Thursday's presser, then they didn't talk to the press yesterday. Did you want them to schedule a press conference or a press release to explain the nature of Lee's injury?

Some on here have said that Cody should never start at QB. If by some chance he manages to hold on to the ball and not fumble, I will give him credit. History nomrally repeats itself.

Fumbles cost us the game last year with their two best players out. Fumbles can cost us the game this year just as easily. Doubtful but possible. Planning on the recievers catching Green passes to win the game, not possible as most will be 5 feet in front of them or 6 feet over their heads.

Thinking that somehow because he is the only one, the light will come on is hopeful at best. He has a proven record of fumbling the ball, overthrowing recievers, and in general not understanding the position. He will be under extreme preasure from within and from Iowa State if he does start.

I would assume we will see R&R most of the day. I think that will do the job. I seriously doubt that Cody will be the MVP.

All I can say is if Green starts tomorrow, I will come on here after the 'W' and make a thread simply named "Crow Eating Doubters" and I would like it if every person in this thread that in anyway implied Cody Green MIGHT not be good enough to win, would simply post in the thread "I was stupid for saying what I said."

Seriously... you people that were screaming for Cody to start last year are now claiming he may not have what it takes to beat a shotty Iowa State team that is still fighting for bowl eligibility?

And the purpose of this rant is....?