Wats will go to CO at the end of the year

I don't see Colorado targeting Watson to be honest. Too small of fish for what they want, even though the Watson fish is ready to be a HC.

They need a "splash" hire to reinvigorate that program. That's how they'll approach it, and Watson is not that hire.

The real issue, in my opinion, is whether they can attract that hire. Colorado isn't a bad program to coach for (good facilities, should have an easier time recruiting California kids once they move to the Pac 10, etc.) but they're also not a great program to coach for either.

Watson isn't going to Colorado. There was thread after thread after thread at CU message boards saying how glad they were to be rid of him when he left last time. They're not taking him back, especially not at Head Coach.

the fans dont exactly make the decision.....just sayin

Message boards are an indicator of the tenor of the fan base, and hence the boosters. I did not say that CU would consult their message boards on their choice for Head Coach. Don't read too much into that.

An AD who hires a head coach the fans hate when he walks in the door is asking for trouble. And the Boosters are not going to donate to a program with a head coach they don't like. Look at the Dan Cook situation when they fired Callahan.

Some people have been saying since he came from colorado that he would want to end up back there

Some people liked Crystal Pepsi too.

I was one of those people, loved the stuff.

You're an old, rare breed my friend. For that I give you a +1.

Unfortunately I was 1 of the 5 total people who enjoyed it.

Loved the stuff when I was little.

Would CU consider the Offensive Line coach from the Jets? Can never remember that guy's name...

So, if my count is right, all 5 people that loved it are Huskerboard (myself included)! That either gives Huskerboard huge bonus points, or HB should just fold up and call it a day :corndance

I don't think Watson is necessarily a bad coach. I think he actually probably a good coach and a very good offensive mind, but I just don't think he understands play calling. Some of the plays he calls at certain times in a game are frickin unbelievable. So, probably a good coach, but I really don't like him calling the plays. Would like to see how it would work out if he was the OC but didn't call the plays during the game.

I'm onboard with Wats. I hope he stays. He seems to be able to adapt the offense to fit the skills he has available to him. Just look at the different base offenses we've played the past few years. Well, except for last year. Last year sucked. So just ignore 2009. :)