ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

From all I have read and heard i really think devin is a longshot at best for us, hope i aam wrong as i think he would be the jewel recruit in this strong class. I think he will end up somewhere he will have a shot to start at qb next year. I could see him at ucla, arizona or rutgers, he just doesnt seem to have a lot to say about nebraska these days, i feel like we arekinda falling off his radar. Again i hope i am wrong, want him here real bad.

I agree. I've been feeling the same way for a while now. He's dying to play QB and even though we don't feel great about our depth at QB, he would still be competing with Martinez, Carnes, Armstrong and possibly even Turner for the spot. Doesn't sound good, but maybe we'll get lucky.

If Fuller went to UCLA, he'll be battling another highly ranked dual-threat in Redshirt Freshman

. The issue Fuller would have to consider before heading to UCLA is that Hundley has a prototypical NFL build, whereas Fuller does not. Mora having an NFL background probably prefers a prototypical NFL build in his QBs if they can conquer the playbook.
If Fuller went to UCLA, he'll be battling another highly ranked dual-threat in Redshirt Freshman
. The issue Fuller would have to consider before heading to UCLA is that Hundley has a prototypical NFL build, whereas Fuller does not. Mora having an NFL background probably prefers a prototypical NFL build in his QBs if they can conquer the playbook.

I agree and lightly touched on it earlier. The ppl at UCLA are very high on him.

I agree and lightly touched on it earlier. The ppl at UCLA are very high on him.

High on fuller or their redshirt frosh?

Hundley

If Fuller went to UCLA, he'll be battling another highly ranked dual-threat in Redshirt Freshman Brett Hundley. The issue Fuller would have to consider before heading to UCLA is that Hundley has a prototypical NFL build, whereas Fuller does not. Mora having an NFL background probably prefers a prototypical NFL build in his QBs if they can conquer the playbook.

Hundley

Being in So Cal, Hundley is their guy at UCLA. This is welcome news as I don't think Fuller will go to UCLA with a new coach and having to sit behind Hundley. He'll get the best look at QB in our system. I think he'd get a legitimate shot as he'd redshirt and then perhaps be in line for QB. Most of the other schools want him as ATH.

If Fuller went to UCLA, he'll be battling another highly ranked dual-threat in Redshirt Freshman Brett Hundley. The issue Fuller would have to consider before heading to UCLA is that Hundley has a prototypical NFL build, whereas Fuller does not. Mora having an NFL background probably prefers a prototypical NFL build in his QBs if they can conquer the playbook.

Hundley

Being in So Cal, Hundley is their guy at UCLA. This is welcome news as I don't think Fuller will go to UCLA with a new coach and having to sit behind Hundley. He'll get the best look at QB in our system. I think he'd get a legitimate shot as he'd redshirt and then perhaps be in line for QB. Most of the other schools want him as ATH.

I disagree. I actually think Mora coming in works against us. He has no loyalty to Hundley because he's not his recruit and can easily sell that to Fuller. The best man wins type of thing.

My coworker sitting here has seen this kid play twice, and said this kid is the truth. Supposedly he'll declare where he's going this saturday.

If that's the case, I'm getting a feeling of nervousness. He hadn't given an indication of his timetable.

It's apparently between us and TCU. His Dad played at TCU but his HS team runs our style of offense, so infer from that what you will. Just trying to help out here, since I never post in the recruiting section.

Well he does want to play QB... Follow your own path Fuller! Let hope he doesn't have metaling parents (which has kinda been the theme of this year - Westerkamp, possibly Diggs and Afalava)

I hope so too. Talking to the kid I work with, he was playing QB, special teams (punt & kick returns), and excelling at them all.

Never mind all the "good knowledge" I was attempting to display....

Apparently Baylor is now coming in strong.

A late entrant to the race for the five-star athlete from Old Tappan, N.J. has a lot of momentum right now: Baylor. The Bears learned Tuesday night that Robert Griffin III wouldn’t return for his senior season, and while backup Nick Florence is more than capable — he led BU to an upset of Missouri in 2009 –Fuller is ready for coach Art Briles’ pitch.

http://sports.omaha.com/2012/01/10/recruiting-updates-on-fuller-valentine-and-new-db-on-the-radar/

As much as I'd love to get him, I'm starting to move on. Ever since he started talking about being an NFL QB, that changed everything to me. I think he could be a very good college QB, in the right system, but his priority is QB and QB only and will take anybody seriously that can provide that. Can't knock him for that.

If he only wants to here that he will a qb no matter what, and I am sure that's what he wants here at UCLA and waiting to here from Baylor, and not wanting to here he can play another position if it doesn't work out, probably won't get him on campus, at Neb. Martinez wasn't looked at as a qb from almost all schools, but was labeled ATH. Look at the growing pains he has had, and is still having, trying to be an all a round qb. If Fuller wants a guarantee, than he probably won't be signing with us. I wouldn't think our coaches want to go through trying to build another qb. jmo

GBR!!!