ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

If we would have done a few things differently, Diggs and Fuller may have committed in early November.

And Decommitted in December or January?

Nope. Both are perfect examples of the nice guy finishing last.

If they committed way back then and they wanted to start looking around and decommit, they would have. It is not about when you give your verbal it is about where you sign your name.

If we would have done a few things differently, Diggs and Fuller may have committed in early November.

If they committed way back then and they wanted to start looking around and decommit, they would have. It is not about when you give your verbal it is about where you sign your name.

I will be frank with you, if we would have been more connected with Diggs, he would be a Husker. There was a point during the season that the staff was certain he would be a Husker. We decided to "give him his space," and look where that landed us. Fuller is oddly simular.

I will be frank with you, if we would have been more connected with Diggs, he would be a Husker. There was a point during the season that the staff was certain he would be a Husker. We decided to "give him his space," and look where that landed us. Fuller is oddly simular.

I know, I read and heard the rumors about that too. Simple fact is, until you sign it doesnt mean a thing. He would have most likely ended up taking more visits. His heart would have changed.

Think about it, say he said "I am ready to be a husker!"

Coach: "Are you sure?"

Player: Yeah, I am 99.9% sure"

Coach: "Great, we are glad to have you!"

two months later...

Player: "Man, I am a Husker but it might be cool just to go visit this school..."

and it begins.

I agree, EZ. I hope that doesn't mean you feel bad about landing Fuller now.

We went from in on Diggs to out of the picture. Of course, nothing means anything until the LOI signature. But Diggs is going to commit elsewhere, and we are totally out of the picture there now.

Recruits decommit all the time - it happens. What doesn't happen though, is a recruit that we let slip away to another school, later decommitting from that school and coming back to us. At least not nearly on the same scale.

This is a risk I think you take. Especially in a small class but in any year. If he wants to commit, and you want him, take the dang commitment, and keep recruiting him. Give him space, let him commit somewhere else, and you can't keep recruiting him. One of these options gives us a high chance of getting his LOI. The other gives us a very, very low one.

I read the rumors on the Rivals board too. I'll be frank, he got the offer from his dream school and committed to them. It happens.

FWIW, UCLA got a QB commitment from a kid in Georgia for next years class. He's on ESPN's 150 watch list. Not really sure if this would impact Devin's thoughts on UCLA since he would be on campus a full year before this kid. Just wanted to pass this on. The kid supposedly runs a 4.6 forty but is listed at a pro-style qb on rivals. So not quite sure what type of offense Mora plans on running at UCLA.

http://espn.go.com/c...05/eddie-printz

FWIW, UCLA got a QB commitment from a kid in Georgia for next years class. He's on ESPN's 150 watch list. Not really sure if this would impact Devin's thoughts on UCLA since he would be on campus a full year before this kid. Just wanted to pass this on. The kid supposedly runs a 4.6 forty but is listed at a pro-style qb on rivals. So not quite sure what type of offense Mora plans on running at UCLA.

There are also rumors of Gunner Kiel de-committing from LSU and going to ND.

If that's the case, ND might not be in play for Fuller...at least not as a QB.

Sounds like he liked his trip to so cal regardless. Hopefully the staff is still on him. It is the complete lack of news that worries me most, almost as if we have given up on him. Anyone have any further insight where our staff is with him right now? Have any of the coaches even been to see him recently?

There are also rumors of Gunner Kiel de-committing from LSU and going to ND.

If that's the case, ND might not be in play for Fuller...at least not as a QB.

This could get very interesting with the Kiel intrigue as Devin has penciled in Notre Dame for his 5th official visit.

Kiel switched to ND so this could get interesting even though I don't think he would have chosen them. Rutgers might get another one

Agreed, I don't trust Rutgers. They scare me more than any other team on Devin's short list right now.