The Bubba Starling Thread

I never understood the criticism of Travis Justice, although to be honest I really never paid much attention to him. After reading through that site, I'm understanding more why people cracked on him all the time.

Travis has always been a douche, pure and simple. I NEVER understood why we had such an obvious anti-NU guy in such a prominent media position in the Omaha market. Makes...no...sense.

Justice was (is) pro-Creighton, pro-Iowa, and anti-Nebraska. It's that simple.

I don't think the program is being "used" like some of you seem to think.

Maybe Bo and/or The Program will be getting a kick-back from Boras? Would that even be a problem or violation of any kind?

"Used" is probably a relative term. Nebraska is a great excuse for leverage for Bubba's negotiations. We're a prominent school with a history of making good use of athletes like Starling, and coming here makes the Royals bump their offer up a couple million. I would define that as "using" Nebraska, but it's not a bad thing - it's business. Nobody on our staff misunderstands what Bubba is going through or doing. (There's a further discussion to be had about whether or not Bubba's tactics have fallen apart now that he's not practicing, of course).

We will not see any kind of kickback because of Bubba's time here. I don't know if that's illegal or not, but Boras has no need to do anything like that.