SIGNED LB Courtney Love

Nexus

Wonder if there were some extra benefits envolved from this guy? I really dont know why they would be so quick to decommit. Ok so some fanactic that happens to be a sex offender talked to you and took some pictures with you, thats going to change your mind on what college you want to go to? Sure you would maybe feel a little creepy, but one nut bag wouldnt stop me from going to my drem school. Not sure we have all the info yet.

Wonder if there were some extra benefits envolved from this guy? I really dont know why they would be so quick to decommit. Ok so some fanactic that happens to be a sex offender talked to you and took some pictures with you, thats going to change your mind on what college you want to go to? Sure you would maybe feel a little creepy, but one nut bag wouldnt stop me from going to my drem school. Not sure we have all the info yet.

I am confused also. I get the implication that this was technically a violation of NCAA rules and OSU is on thin ice, but I don't think they would get penalized for this. Why would the recruits decommit?

From what I understand it isn't about the NCAA. Anzalone's dad basicially said that if his son is going to go somewhere for school away from family then the family has to be able to trust that school to take care of the kid's best interests while he's there. When you are letting a known sexual offender participate in recruiting weekends on campus, including giving them access to those prospects (in the stadium no less) then they aren't going to be able to trust you to watchover their son for 4 years.

Here's a lnky on an article that goes with what Blackshirt316 was saying. Pretty messed up.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=384365

This quote, and remember it is from the father of one of the top recruits in the nation this year, is pretty damning

"You don't want your son to go to a place where there's a potential issue (like this)," Sal Anzalone said. "You expect the (football) staff to have some sort of control on how things are handled with recruits when they visit. This is ridiculous.

"I was concerned with what recruits do and with them being allowed to visit these kind of places where it puts kids at risk. That's the issue. You entrust people (at the school) to do the right thing."

Very interesting indeed. IIRC we aren't really a player for Anzalone, but it would be nice to get in that game. I am sure OSU will continue to push for Love, but seeing as they were pushing hard when we secured the commit I think Love sticks with the Huskers.......so long as the staff doesn't let up.

When you are letting a known sexual offender participate in recruiting weekends on campus, including giving them access to those prospects (in the stadium no less) then they aren't going to be able to trust you to watchover their son for 4 years.

So you are saying that Ohio State should run background investigations on every individual who buys a ticket to athletic events on campus? Is this SOP at Nebraska?

This quote, and remember it is from the father of one of the top recruits in the nation this year, is pretty damning

Of course it is also contradicted by his later statements

"Ohio State had no idea that this guy was a perv, they were totally unaware. Let's make that very clear. That's not Ohio State.

"It's a possibility, (that Alex will still end up at Ohio State) things change. You can't hold them responsible for other people's behavior."

Now I know it's more fun for you folks to overreact at every opportunity that paints in Ohio State in a bad light but let's remember the actual facts of this case....

Alex (and the other recruits) were in Columbus on UNOFFICIAL visits. That means that Ohio State staff can only have limited amount of contact with them as per NCAA rules. Babysitting the players would have been an NCAA violation.

As soon as it was discovered that Waugh was a sex offender (the PD that he reports to found out about his tweets and alerted the school) OSU immediately contacted everyone who may have come across him and warned them that he was a registered sex offender and recommended he be blocked from Twitter accounts.

Waugh was in no way affiliated with the school and had no 'access' to the players other than coming across them in public locations.

All that being said this part of the discussion should probably be moved to the thread about Waugh so the focus here can remain on Love.

When you are letting a known sexual offender participate in recruiting weekends on campus, including giving them access to those prospects (in the stadium no less) then they aren't going to be able to trust you to watchover their son for 4 years.

So you are saying that Ohio State should run background investigations on every individual who buys a ticket to athletic events on campus? Is this SOP at Nebraska?

Of course it is also contradicted by his later statements

"Ohio State had no idea that this guy was a perv, they were totally unaware. Let's make that very clear. That's not Ohio State.

"It's a possibility, (that Alex will still end up at Ohio State) things change. You can't hold them responsible for other people's behavior."

Now I know it's more fun for you folks to overreact at every opportunity that paints in Ohio State in a bad light but let's remember the actual facts of this case....

Alex (and the other recruits) were in Columbus on UNOFFICIAL visits. That means that Ohio State staff can only have limited amount of contact with them as per NCAA rules. Babysitting the players would have been an NCAA violation.

As soon as it was discovered that Waugh was a sex offender (the PD that he reports to found out about his tweets and alerted the school) OSU immediately contacted everyone who may have come across him and warned them that he was a registered sex offender and recommended he be blocked from Twitter accounts.

Waugh was in no way affiliated with the school and had no 'access' to the players other than coming across them in public locations.

All that being said this part of the discussion should probably be moved to the thread about Waugh so the focus here can remain on Love.

Muck I agree with you. Not sure what else OSU could've done. I just think the recruit used this as an excuse to get out of a verbal he wasn't fully committed to.

• Fire 1

Didn't Urban have problems with the recruits going to parties at Florida too?

No matter what way you want to spin it, there were serious lack of control issues with players while Urban was at Florida. Quite a few things that have been mentioned on the board that he did while recruiting that may not have been illegal, but highly morally unethical. If you can deal with a pathological liar, fine. Go for it.

Didn't Urban have problems with the recruits going to parties at Florida too?

No matter what way you want to spin it, there were serious lack of control issues with players while Urban was at Florida. Quite a few things that have been mentioned on the board that he did while recruiting that may not have been illegal, but highly morally unethical. If you can deal with a pathological liar, fine. Go for it.

And it's only gonna get worse with Urban. At Florida he had Tebow to keep him somewhat accountable for things he did and Tebow could bless and forgive him. But without Tebow now, Urban is gonna do and say alot of things and Tebow isn't around to protect him and make him look like he's a good guy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...