Nebraska fans are PATHETIC.....

Apathy

i do not think nebraska fans are pathetic, but in the same sentense i personally do not think we are as good as we think we are as a whole. nebraska fans think very highly of their team as we all should but you got to remember the last time we won a championship was.................. 14 years ago. thease kids are young and they will get better .

The entire first half was pathetic. It felt like October 2007 all over again--hopeless. It was that bad (like I really have to point that out). The fans who booed likely weren't just booing the pass, they were booing the whole pathetic effort. At least, that's how I felt at the time. I don't fault them for booing. If the team wants everybody's vocal support, the least they could do is show a damn pulse when the game kicks off.

Aside from the boos, the other thing that people are talking about today is how loud Memorial was in the fourth quarter. Our fan base isn't pathetic. We're just not stupid enough to take a sh#t sandwich with gratitude.

Question 1 - Do we still live in the United States? Yes

Question 2 - Do we still have freedom of speech? Yes

Therefore I believe you people saying we can't boo need to move to Iran. Boo's are a fans way of letting the team know when the play calling and play on the field is unacceptable. Husker fans rarely boo, and when they do, it is usually deserved. It isn't like the stadium boos after our first 3 and out or after any turnover. I was at the Okie Light debacle when the fans had the "Surrender Steve Pederson" banner in the south end zone and trust me, those boos were WELL DESERVED. I wasn't at the game, but from what I've heard, the crowd was as loud as it's ever been. That tells me they cheered even more loudly when we did well. We have passionate fans and there will always be boo birds, which is fine by me. We live in a free society. If you can't handle it, sell your tickets to me and watch the game on mute at home.

The first half was was of the same crap that was going on last week. When you keep playing like sh#t, expect boos at some point. That's the way it goes. Fans are allowed to have expectations.

No one is denying you your expectations, but what some [myself included] have problems with is how you voice your displeasure. Especially on a group of guys who are much younger and who are playing for our entertainment.

So, if you go to a game, you're only allowed to cheer? How would you suggest the fans voice their displeasure?

I understand getting booed sucks, and I don't like these situations where they are getting booed, but let's be realistic here. The team that played up until the second half of that game was looking at a 5 loss season. They were giving us little reason to hope or care.

So, if you go to a game, you're only allowed to cheer? How would you suggest the fans voice their displeasure?

I understand getting booed sucks, and I don't like these situations where they are getting booed, but let's be realistic here. The team that played up until the second half of that game was looking at a 5 loss season. They were giving us little reason to hope or care.

How does booing help this team win football games and/or improve as a football team? What are you trying to prove by booing?

Whether people think it's alright to boo because you have a right too, it's not going to help this team and it affects this team mentally.

No it was real...we were supposed to limp into halftime? And I've said this countless times. THE TURNOVER DIDN'T LEAD TO POINTS. The defense allowed those points. They don't let Brax run 45 yards, no FG, 17-6 at halftime. The play wouldn't have mattered.

If you blame anyone, blame the D; but not Taylor, not Beck, and not Bo.

You can't give teams like Wisconsin and Ohio State short fields. The interception was not Taylor's fault at all, that was a very, very poor play call. And yes you limp into halftime. You take that chance away from their offense and you don't put that responsibility on your defense.

Can't be said enough...apparently. We are NOT a fast strike offense through the air unless it's by surprise (play action). Our defense is struggling so why take the chance? Get into the locker room so you can settle down and play YOUR style of football. We played ourselves OUT of the wisconsin game last week and were trying to do it again last night. I felt bad for Taylor. He played a good half and then was told to make a play with his arm when the defense was prepared for it. That's all good and fine except a completed pass simply meant more chances through the air had to be taken when you can go into the locker room and regroup. Just panic playcalling was all it was....

Part of me thinks they needed the booing...

Are we going to coddle them, tell them it's going to be ok and give them warm milk and some cookies??

No, it's f*cking football. You get out there, you play the game, you do good, you get cheered. You play like hammered sh#t, then you're gonna get booed. It's the nature of the beast, and if you can't handle it, then go play soccer so you can get an orange slice after the game.

• Fire 1

Part of me thinks they needed the booing...

Are we going to coddle them, tell them it's going to be ok and give them warm milk and some cookies??

No, it's f*cking football. You get out there, you play the game, you do good, you get cheered. You play like hammered sh#t, then you're gonna get booed. It's the nature of the beast, and if you can't handle it, then go play soccer so you can get an orange slice after the game.

+1 from me.

What gets me is that I was sitting in the N end zone (row 5) and had 4 OSU fans in front of me. One guy was a bit obnoxious, but just rooting for his team as we would. Some fans tried to get him kicked out for it. about 4 minutes before the game ended, he stood up and turned around and congratulates the husker fans. One fan starts yelling at him and then again tries to get him kicked out.

I think this rant is more for the N end zone mentality then anything. I was standing up and after 4 plays was basically told to sit down. This end really makes me not want to come to the games anymore because I really can't enjoy the game like I want. It's like going to a heavy metal concert and then told you can't have a mosh pit or go to church and tell the people they can't say prey.

Here we go again. More canned holier-than-thou horse sh*t.

Good luck trying to change the entire fan base, huskerjock. While you're at it, change the fan base of every single college/professional program in the entire world.

Let's all piss rainbows and fart rose petals.

Well said sir...

As for the pissing rainbows, you may want to get that looked at