Where was Kyler Reed?

Couple of things. There's only one ball to go around. You've got Martinez, four very capable RBs, Cotton, Enunwa, Bell, Turner, Kinnie and Khiry Cooper who can all also catch the ball. Heck, Rex can catch the ball, and I presume from film that the freshmen can, too. That's a big factor in Reed's diminished role, I'm guessing..

Last year we had Paul (when he can catch), Kinnie, McNeil, Helu, Burkhead, Enuhwa (sp?), Cooper, Burkhead, Cotton and yet Reed was utilized well and was a huge playmaker in our offense and he hasn't been utilized as he should have all year. He's been used in some games but not in all 7 games.

Which leads to the second part of my post as a possible explanation. See the part about blocking.

Clearly it was a minor injury or disciplinary issue. He's never been a good blocker but that hasn't stopped the coaches from playing him altogether. Jake Long played a significant amount and even Kevin Thomsen got in. This had nothing to do with blocking or Kyler not fitting into our scheme all of the sudden.

Couple of things. There's only one ball to go around. You've got Martinez, four very capable RBs, Cotton, Enunwa, Bell, Turner, Kinnie and Khiry Cooper who can all also catch the ball. Heck, Rex can catch the ball, and I presume from film that the freshmen can, too. That's a big factor in Reed's diminished role, I'm guessing..

Last year we had Paul (when he can catch), Kinnie, McNeil, Helu, Burkhead, Enuhwa (sp?), Cooper, Burkhead, Cotton and yet Reed was utilized well and was a huge playmaker in our offense and he hasn't been utilized as he should have all year. He's been used in some games but not in all 7 games.

I don't really see where you're going with this post. Paul had butterfingers and Kinnie's job has been taken by a freshman. Enunwa has improved a lot from last season and McNeil was nonexistant his final two years. We're in much better shape this season at WR.

Couple of things. There's only one ball to go around. You've got Martinez, four very capable RBs, Cotton, Enunwa, Bell, Turner, Kinnie and Khiry Cooper who can all also catch the ball. Heck, Rex can catch the ball, and I presume from film that the freshmen can, too. That's a big factor in Reed's diminished role, I'm guessing.

The other thing, and I hate to say this because I love the heck out of the guy, but he has been very bad on blocks this year. Maybe I'm only catching mistakes and this is unfair, but SO MANY times I've seen him whiff on a block, only to have his guy blow up the play. If you're going to be part of this offense, being a pass-catcher also means you MUST be a good blocker.

Exactly. It goes along with Rich Fisher's motto that if you drop balls and don't make blocks, you're not playing. I think Beck's on the same page as Fisher. Poor performance = no playing time.

Brando Kinnie, sr: 11 catches for 127 yds; 0 TDs

Khiry Cooper, jr: 2 catches for 33 yds; 0 TDs

Kyler Reed, jr: 8 catches for 165 yds; 0 TDs

Ben Cotton, jr: 7 catches for 112 yds; 0 TDs

Tim Marlowe, jr: 3 catches for 24 yds; 0 TDs

Quincy Enunwa, soph: 11 catches 183 yds; 2 TDs

Jamal Turner, fr: 15 catches for 243 yds; 0 TDs

Kenny Bell, fr: 13 catches for 188 yds; 1 TD

LINK

Nearly all the catches going to the young guys.

I'll bet we see more of Kyler Reed as we get into the meat of the B1G sched