The Walking Dead

You only think it is pandering because you didn't like it.

Yet you personally simply consider the slower paced episoded as "bad writing". Those episodes are what make us care about the characters that end up dying. If every episode was 100mph and all the main characterd were killed off weeklu, we wouldn't care about the new characters, we wouldn't continue watching and the show would quickly end. It's about consistency and they nail that.

I was fine with killing Glenn. It sucks, but was an epic way to do it where they tell his story through another throw away character. That was awesome. Making him live through that situation is basically saying "f*ck you" to any logic you could hold onto. People have gotten scratched and turned to walkers. That was a logical fail if there has ever been one.

Yet you personally simply consider the slower paced episoded as "bad writing". Those episodes are what make us care about the characters that end up dying. If every episode was 100mph and all the main characterd were killed off weeklu, we wouldn't care about the new characters, we wouldn't continue watching and the show would quickly end. It's about consistency and they nail that.

Yah, that they do. Like consistent/infinite ammo...

You seem to be building strawmen in regards to what people are actually complaining about. It isn't about Glenn surviving; it's about consistency, or rather the lack thereof.

I was fine with killing Glenn. It sucks, but was an epic way to do it where they tell his story through another throw away character. That was awesome. Making him live through that situation is basically saying "f*ck you" to any logic you could hold onto. People have gotten scratched and turned to walkers. That was a logical fail if there has ever been one.

Yup.

How about just a couple episodes earlier?:

The worst part was the very beginning, when Rick ran toward the city followed by a pack of flesh-hungry corpses, screaming: “Open the gates!” It was the same call we saw at the very end of the previous episode, when Morgan emerged from his basement.

What’s so wrong about that, you ask? When we heard it last week, everyone at home questioned just how Rick had got out of that RV and looked forward to the explanation of how he survived a nearly impossible situation.

We never found out. How did Rick escape? Pure magic, it seems. The one thing The Walking Dead is usually great about is finding inventive ways of getting itself out of the corners into which it paints itself. This time, it seems like the writers just didn’t care enough.

“OK, well, we’ll just assume he got out and can run faster than a pack of walkers carrying a few heavy guns after a very stressful day. He’s Rick, man! The audience won’t notice.”

Yeah, we noticed, and it was a really lame cop-out.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/nov/08/the-walking-dead-season-six-episode-five-now

Yup.

I love the walking dead. Very happy glenn is alive. Knew he was from the comics.

As to people complaining about the physics, this show has a long history of physics not working... Who cares. It is a show about zombies that still have blood after being dead for years... Also bodies that dont decay etc etc etc etc etc... At this point in the show, the humans should be only thing left and only zombies from the recently dead.

It is a show, that I enjoy, so who cares.

At least he is alive for now. Kinda hoped this is how he died tbh... Because if they follow the comic, poor poor poor glenn. Nothing as horrible as the way he died in the comics... I know they said it is not a cannon comic but they have relied upon none cannon comics before to forcast way people die... just picked up a new walking dead book, yes actual book did not know those existed, cant wait to read it tomorrow.

Whats the money line, that now that we know Glenn is safe that Maggie dies next week as a big middle finger to the fans?

Sure , you're going to have to suspend your disbelief on the zombie stuff. That doesn't justify easily avoidable production mistakes and lazy writing.

It's frustrating because they showed early in the season it can be great if they bring a little tension and relentlessness to the show and keep the pacing on point.

You seem to be building strawmen in regards to what people are actually complaining about. It isn't about Glenn surviving; it's about consistency, or rather the lack thereof.

Yup.

How about just a couple episodes earlier?:

The worst part was the very beginning, when Rick ran toward the city followed by a pack of flesh-hungry corpses, screaming: “Open the gates!” It was the same call we saw at the very end of the previous episode, when Morgan emerged from his basement.

What’s so wrong about that, you ask? When we heard it last week, everyone at home questioned just how Rick had got out of that RV and looked forward to the explanation of how he survived a nearly impossible situation.

We never found out. How did Rick escape? Pure magic, it seems. The one thing The Walking Dead is usually great about is finding inventive ways of getting itself out of the corners into which it paints itself. This time, it seems like the writers just didn’t care enough.

“OK, well, we’ll just assume he got out and can run faster than a pack of walkers carrying a few heavy guns after a very stressful day. He’s Rick, man! The audience won’t notice.”

Yeah, we noticed, and it was a really lame cop-out.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/nov/08/the-walking-dead-season-six-episode-five-now

Yup.

Strawmen? He survived a zombie attack.....tough sh#t. If that is the straw that breaks the camels back for some people, so be it.

His portion of the story isn't over, therefore he lived. Hardly a big deal or something anyone should let ruin the show for them.

Okay, what was up with the kid following Carl and pulling out the gun and then when they show Carl at the end of the episode with the building falling down, the kid with the gun was gone...

I assumed that it meant that the building falling over and crushing the wall "saved" Carl from getting shot, again.

Yeah that kid (Ron) was still working up the courage to pull the gun. It could still happen though.....

Okay, what was up with the kid following Carl and pulling out the gun and then when they show Carl at the end of the episode with the building falling down, the kid with the gun was gone...

I assumed that it meant that the building falling over and crushing the wall "saved" Carl from getting shot, again.

Yeah that kid (Ron) was still working up the courage to pull the gun. It could still happen though.....

My thoughts are they are going to be in a shootout killing zombies, and Carl will somehow save him. Then they will become buds after they are in the clear.

So I got this idea.... The whole Glen fake out thing sucked. While this show does follow closely the events of the comic books, it's not verbatim. I think they writers know they have to keep Glen, Carol, Carl, and Rick alive. The rest are pretty much expendable. This of course comes into conflict with the whole lucille/ Glen/ Negan thing. So I think they do a character swap and switch the Glen story line there with someone else. - That someone else is-------------Rosita.

Rationale- Rosita is a character who plays a big role-ish int he comics. However her character has been very much undeveloped in the show. She's a throw away character that viewers have come to know as part of the original group at best. That being said, they know her as having been in a relationship with Abraham- who just announced he's going after Sasha. Killing off Rosita after Abraham ends things with her, opens up the Sasha/ Abraham romance and lets you do some really cool thing with Abraham's character dealing with grief and guilt of her death, and how that affects his new relationship with Sasha and the rest of the group.

Additionally, the death would likely have the same effect on the group without killing one of the fab four.

Hence the reason for her recent increase in screen time.

Other possibilities for swaps- Eugene, Morgan, Deanna, Spencer- other random Alexandrian.

My thoughts are they are going to be in a shootout killing zombies, and Carl will somehow save him. Then they will become buds after they are in the clear.

Carl already saved his chump ass once. I think Ron is going to do something nasty to Carl and end up walker food.