ATH Michael Minter

Sounds like the ship has sailed on this kid ... and frankly, I agree ... he doesn't seem like that great of a talent ... and then you add in the "tude" ... it just isn't worth the risk. Good luck at UNC young lad ... and in life.

Really doubt UNC is an option unless he wants to walk-on. Sad that the fruit fell so far from the tree here.

I had this guy penciled in, had no doubt he would get it together. What a waste of talent, very disappointing.

Sounds like the ship has sailed on this kid ... and frankly, I agree ... he doesn't seem like that great of a talent ... and then you add in the "tude" ... it just isn't worth the risk. Good luck at UNC young lad ... and in life.

Really doubt UNC is an option unless he wants to walk-on. Sad that the fruit fell so far from the tree here.

I had this guy penciled in, had no doubt he would get it together. What a waste of talent, very disappointing.

Is any of this "attitude" stuff legit? Or is it just message board rumors for now?

That he has some sort of off field issues is pretty well documented. All of the specific accusations here are just rumors in my eyes. In either case, it'd be a shame for the kid and for NU if a bad attitude keep him from playing for us, but we really don't need bad apples, no matter how talented.

He needed to refocus in the classroom. He had done this so far. He needed to refocus off the field and has been noted he hadn't. He still has the season to improve there but his latest episode hasn't helped his cause.

If he can "wake up" there is still a chance he gets the offer late in the recruiting process

• 2 weeks later...

it isn't unusual for former Husker football players to want their sons to also play for the Huskers. It is also not uncommon for successful fathers to be so busy that they have a hard time being good parents. Not sure if the sons feel they can't live up to the successful image of their fathers and rebel instead of working hard or if fathers are just to busy being good at what they do. The pattern of Successful father/rebellious son is shown in the Bible many times. The generation that fought in WW2 called the "Greatest Generation" by many was also the generation that raised the rebellious "Baby Boomers" of the 60's and 70's. I feel sorry for Mike Minter as I'm sure he loves his son like all fathers do. I hope he matures quickly before his world collapses.

there is no such thing as "waking up" for the kid now. the ship has sailed. he has now been kicked off lincoln northstars football team for disciplinary issues.absolutely no shot at being a husker or probably going anywhere now

I'm sure he could get a ride still to an fcs team, or even some lower level fbs, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he walks on here or another good program if he convinced them he can pull it together. I'd guess pops can afford it.

Either way, it's a shame to see talent wasted.

there is no such thing as "waking up" for the kid now. the ship has sailed. he has now been kicked off lincoln northstars football team for disciplinary issues.absolutely no shot at being a husker or probably going anywhere now

I'm sure he could get a ride still to an fcs team, or even some lower level fbs, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he walks on here or another good program if he convinced them he can pull it together. I'd guess pops can afford it.

Either way, it's a shame to see talent wasted.

You are assuming that Bo would take someone like him as a walk on. It sounds like there would be a lot of work put into keeping him on the straight and narrow. I am afraid the return on investment would not be there. There are A LOT better DB's that we are targeting with less baggage. I say move on, it wasn't meant to be.

• 2 weeks later...

it isn't unusual for former Husker football players to want their sons to also play for the Huskers. It is also not uncommon for successful fathers to be so busy that they have a hard time being good parents. Not sure if the sons feel they can't live up to the successful image of their fathers and rebel instead of working hard or if fathers are just to busy being good at what they do. The pattern of Successful father/rebellious son is shown in the Bible many times. The generation that fought in WW2 called the "Greatest Generation" by many was also the generation that raised the rebellious "Baby Boomers" of the 60's and 70's. I feel sorry for Mike Minter as I'm sure he loves his son like all fathers do. I hope he matures quickly before his world collapses.

For some reason we all want to feel sorry for Mike Minter, the dad, here. Why isn't he playing a bigger part in this boys life?? Why is his son in Lincoln and him in North Carolina? Sure he must have plenty of money and not needing to move up the coaching tree just now.

• 3 months later...