Should the Huskers boycott the game?

I have visited the Penn St boards and there is a lot of talk about whether or not they should boycott or cancel the game if several other heads don't roll before Saturday. Their fan base is at each others throats. Paterno has now had a Press Release saying he will continue to coach thru the end of the season then retire. I know there are a lot of implications from revenues to responsibility, but what if Nebraska boycotted the game? The team refused to go to "Not so Happy Valley"? Not saying we should......not saying we shouldn't, just wondering what others thoughts are. One thing is for sure, the whole nation will be checking in to see how this game is handled by the media, the coaches, the players and the fans on both sides. Regardless of decisions made, I am one Husker fan that will feel dirty after this game no matter the outcome.

Why would you feel dirty, we have done nothing wrong. 99.9999 percent of the Penn State following have done nothing wrong. It is a sad situation for the victims, the rest need to get a life and move on. Punish the wrong doers, and forget about how bad Penn State is for allowing it to happen. It will come out in the wash.

I think Joe should leave now, but until the final verdict is given on this, he has every right to keep doing his job. I do not know if he is a bad person, or a victim in this whole thing.

Remmeber this year the press has had it wrong several times, Cam Newton, Jordan Jefferson, both thrown under the bus and really had done nothing wrong. Joe Pa may turn out that way. Penn State will correct the problem.

I say we show up and support them, they are all feeling lower than we could ever imagine.

I don't know. I was all for keeping our nose out of it and going in and playing them with dignity and being a lack of a distraction, but the more that comes ou, andthe sicker and deeper it is, I just don't know. I wonder if the death penalty for PSU could be in effect? I don't know why this is any different, especially on the moral scale, then paying recruits and players

Our Huskers are gonna need all the support they can get on Saturday, under circumstances they have no control over......Penn State fans gotta do what they feel is right......I say the Huskers fans need to be behind the Big Red on Saturday....... a boycott on the part of Nebraska fans would be detrimental to our players....

If we boycott, we might as well leave the Big 10 because our players, staff and fans would never be safe there the next few times we go. This isn't up to us to handle. I doubt we have anyone interviewing people and actually getting as close as we can to the facts to pass full judgement. Let them handle it, and if they don't do it properly, we can join others going to the conference or NCAA or whatever if there should be more to be done. There's no reason to believe that PSU fans will take it out on us even if Paterno is canned before the game.

Schmidty on 1480 ESPN radio in Lincoln was adamant yesterday that Nebraska should boycott this game if Paterno coaches it. I memory serves, he even said "Nebraska shouldn't get into bed with Penn State if Paterno is coaching this game."

To that I gotta say "Are you kidding me?!" Nebraska getting into bed with JoePa? What a joke!

Nebraska absolutely should not boycott this game. This whole mess is for the big wigs at PSU, not any of their current football players...and certainly not ours. Honestly the way some of these media folks respond is just mind-boggling.

People are blowing the football part of this waaaay out of proportion. We have absolutely nothing to do with this as we are just another team on the schedule. We need to keep focused and remember that we have a season to finish here. What's going on at Penn State should be of no concern to us come Saturday. The only thing that should matter is what's going on on the field.

We will not, should not and shouldn't even be thinking about boycotting the game. As knapplc said, the only reason you do this is if you fear for the safety for your team, and right now there's no reason to suggest anything of the sort.

No boycott. I think that is a ridiculus idea. However, if PSU chose to forfeit or cancel the game, I would not blame them one bit. I still expect JoePa to step down or be fired before we take the field Saturday. This sh#tstorm isn't going anywhere until PSU starts cleaning out their closet. Also, I see absolutely no reason that this game would put our players, coaches, or fans in any more danger than a typical trip to Happy Valley. The emotions and vibe will probably be very weird, could be extremely subdued or crazily electric or both, but I just don't see how that translates to a threat to our team.

I don't know if PSU could fire JoePa. Didn't he secure his job until the end of his contract by stating that he knew, but passed in on to the AD? If they don't let him coach, doesn't he have a cause to sue for wrongful termination? Morally, the only thing that I can see that saves some small part of his positive legacy is if he issues something along the lines of "Because of my flagant disregard to do the morally correct thing immediately when I became aware of Coach Sandusky's sexual assualt on an innocent victim, I am going to step down immediately. I do not wish to further punish the young men that I have recruited to play at Penn State University and it's fans. I feel that my presence in the box and with the team would take away from the gravity of this situation and my own inaction."

This is ridiculous! Why would be boycott supporting our team because they have some issues at their school? Their issues do not involve Nebraska as a team or as a university. It is a legal issue that the State of Pennsyvania will deal with. Period.

If Penn State was discriminating against women, or a certain race, or some other social problem, then it could possibly be an issue that we should be concerned with. I don't see the sexual abuse of young men by coaches being a huge problem all over in football programs in the NCAA. This was nothing more than a legal problem that should be handled as such. Any cover up should and will be dealt with legally as it should be. None of this effects the students, or the players at Nebraska. So why would we not show up to support our team? That is totally ridiculous.