Penn State Scandal Thread

Eric the Red

• 3 weeks later...

Report: Jerry Sandusky Viewed PSU Game In President’s Box Just Days Before Indictment

Embattled former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky attended the Oct. 29 Pen State vs. Illinois game in Graham Spainer’s president’s box, according to the Patriot-News. Sandusky was indicted on child-molestation charges just days later.

LINK

When I read things like this I feel less and less sorry for PSU. I hope the prosecutors throw the book at them. Sandusky and the whole lot of PSU administrators who knew about this and tried to ignore it and cover it up.

Joe Paterno Was Never Fired

Don’t believe me? I’ll let Steve Garban, chair of the Penn State Board of Trustees, and John Surma, vice chairman of the Penn State Board of Trustees, tell you themselves:

“Coach Paterno remains employed by the University as a tenured faculty member,” they said in a statement released Thursday. “The details of his retirement are being worked out and will be made public when they are finalized. Generally speaking, the University intends to honor the terms of his employment contract and is treating him financially as if he had retired at the end of the 2011 football season.”

That’s right. Paterno is still getting paid. Penn State is still honoring his contract. And yes, they plan on sending him off into the sunset just like they would any other employee who retired after years of service to the university.

Yes, Joe Paterno was never fired.

.../cont/...

No word on whether he was in the President's box for the bowl game yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

McQueary's attorney, Elliott Strokoff of Harrisburg, did not respond to a phone message at his office late Tuesday. His father, John McQueary, declined to comment on his behalf.

McQueary, then a graduate assistant, has said he complained to Paterno of seeing the boy in a locker room shower naked with Sandusky.

LINK

This whole Sandusky scandal is sad and disgusting. But you have to admit, it's sort of funny that Mike McQueary's attorney is nameed Elliott Strokoff. :lol:

/Or maybe I watched too many episodes of Beavis and Butthead during the 90s.

• 2 weeks later...

It's like anywhere...some people are mellow and cool drunk...others are obnoxious and want to fight.

What if I'm mellow, but enjoy the occasional tickle fight? Is that ok?

Isn't that a Sandusky quote?

Very well could be. One of the victims said Sandusky referred to himself as the "Tickle Monster"

It's like anywhere...some people are mellow and cool drunk...others are obnoxious and want to fight.

What if I'm mellow, but enjoy the occasional tickle fight? Is that ok?

Isn't that a Sandusky quote?

Very well could be. One of the victims said Sandusky referred to himself as the "Tickle Monster"

Not to derail the thread, but talk of Sandusky reminded me of some jokes I heard on South Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn_m47dDJqk

I've been reading a few different forums and everyone, across the country, is talking about this case. I have two random thoughts;

1. People seem happy to bash PSU, Paterno and State College for allowing Sandusky to cause as much damage as he did and it certainly seems like there is some blame to be had on the University's part. From that I get two questions. What will happen to Penn State? ..and..Could this happen elsewhere?

Lawsuits seem likely but what about other consequences? Will it impact football?

It's also troublesome because, at least for me, if you showed me a picture of Sandusky I wouldn't think he'd be a child molester. He doesn't exactly fit the profile that I imagine people like that to be.

These crimes clearly aren't restricted to swarthy, overweight, balding, candy-van-driving middle aged white males living in their mother's basements, they can be committed by anyone at any place...even universities outside of PSU. In my opinion PSU isn't worthy of contempt because they employed a sexual predator, they're contemptible because they enabled him by knowingly allowing his behavior...for the institution the problem is not the event but their reaction. Would other schools have stopped this earlier? Is PSU an anomaly? What conditions caused this?

2. This is a personal struggle of mine in that I find myself really wanting Sandusky to die, painfully. I have an issue with this because I'm not a big fan of capital punishment even for most murderers but his actions seem to be on the highest rung on the ladder of evil.