Penn State Scandal Thread

Eric the Red

However, I would like to see a similar tough stance taken on other egregious offenders. With the obvious caveat that nothing on the slate right now remotely compares to the Sandusky scandal, it is to be hoped that a very large hammer is dropped on career offender Miami.

While I hope for the same, it won't happen; this is why the NCAA talking heads were quick to point out Penn State's sanctions/penalties were outside of the norm for their behavior. This way, when they give Miami a slap on the wrist (despite the noted existence of concrete evidence implicating the Miami AD and a lack of institutional control) instead of the death penalty they deserve, the NCAA can go back and say 'we told you Penn State was an exception'.

Then again, if the pro-SEC bias in the NCAA is to be believed, Miami may get death or something like it, just so the SEC has one less big-name school to compete against for FL recruits...

apparently, psu faced a 4 year death penalty. how would the B1G have reacted?

Have we really not talked this to death enough that we have to talk about hypotheticals that didn't happen and won't happen?

Apparently the BOT hasn't finished talking about it.

http://www.usatoday....cree/56485674/1

They're what?... they wouldn't...could they?... maybe they will :bad We might find out how the B1G will react.

apparently, psu faced a 4 year death penalty. how would the B1G have reacted?

Have we really not talked this to death enough that we have to talk about hypotheticals that didn't happen and won't happen?

sorry. i just meant for scheduling and such. you could have just taken it has a hypothetical, guy.

in other news i hope is alright to discuss;

@Margoandhow

Fine with me. "Penn State insurer seeks to deny coverage"http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/25/us/pennsylvania-penn-state-insurer/index.html It's just what you think: the university knew.