Your opponents...the South Carolina Gamecocks

So here's the actual synopsis of the Gamecocks:

Offense: The Gamecock offense didn't quite flounder like many expected (including myself) once Lattimore went down for the year. He was rushing the ball over 30 times a game. And yes, he's better than Rex, and I think Rex is a great RB. Steven Garcia also was lost for the year (for other reasons, not injury), and had Conner Shaw played against Auburn, the Gamecocks could very well be 11-1, (although Garcia kinda bailed him out against ECU). USC will look to pick up 3-4 yards at least per carry, and then hit you with a deep ball to Alshon. They also like to run the read option, but Conner Shaw is no Taylor Martinez. He's a good runner, but like the Rex to Lattimore comparison above, Shaw is to Martinez. Ace Sanders (Saunders?) and Byrd (can't remember any of the other names) are solid. If you pay too much attention to Alshon, these two can cause major issues. Ellington out of the wildcat doesn't scare me as much as it probably should, because I haven't seen him throw out of it, although I hear he was a QB in high school.

Defense: Front 4 is NASTY. The rest of the defense is pretty good, but what makes them a dominant defense is the play of the line. They have a relentless pass rush, but can also sniff out screens and draws. Abdullah on returns is a good way of scoring ;) .

Expect a hard fought, physical game. If you don't come ready to play (see Clemson games the last 3 years), they'll make you pay.

-kc

Hope this passes knapp's approval.

Offense: The Gamecock offense didn't quite flounder like many expected (including myself) once Lattimore went down for the year. He was rushing the ball over 30 times a game. And yes, he's better than Rex, and I think Rex is a great RB. Steven Garcia also was lost for the year (for other reasons, not injury), and had Conner Shaw played against Auburn, the Gamecocks could very well be 11-1, (although Garcia kinda bailed him out against ECU). USC will look to pick up 3-4 yards at least per carry, and then hit you with a deep ball to Alshon. They also like to run the read option, but Conner Shaw is no Taylor Martinez. He's a good runner, but like the Rex to Lattimore comparison above, Shaw is to Martinez. Ace Sanders (Saunders?) and Byrd (can't remember any of the other names) are solid. If you pay too much attention to Alshon, these two can cause major issues. Ellington out of the wildcat doesn't scare me as much as it probably should, because I haven't seen him throw out of it, although I hear he was a QB in high school.

Defense: Front 4 is NASTY. The rest of the defense is pretty good, but what makes them a dominant defense is the play of the line. They have a relentless pass rush, but can also sniff out screens and draws. Abdullah on returns is a good way of scoring ;) .

Expect a hard fought, physical game. If you don't come ready to play (see Clemson games the last 3 years), they'll make you pay.

-kc

We're building bridges here in Huskerboard, how 'bout them apples!?!? That's a much better snap shot. I agree, if Shaw would've played against AU, USC would've won, but that wasn't the case and that game is history now. I would only humbly add, that our current RB, Brandon Wilds, was actually the 5th string RB when we started the season. We lost Carson, 2nd string, against ecu, then Miles broke his wrist, at Miss State I believe, and Baker was never that healthy all year. Wilds had several 100 yard rushing games, avg'ing over 5 yards a carry and was amazing... considering he was a True Freshman and that our OL played decent, but not great.

Besides talking about how great Clemson is, what other topics are the best way to get USC fans all worked up? stick%20with%20poke.gif

Whatever you do just please do know try to insult us or make some "penis joke" because I guarantee you we've heard them all and half the time we're the ones that use them. Any opponent that we rarely face or face for the 1st time decides to use it thinking they're original will only get an eye roll and a face palm.

You should have a uSC, U$C and Oregon St triangular - head line editors would have a hay day.

-kc

A sound and reasonable post coming from a Clemson fan. You've earned my approval at least.

I will abstain from calling you a tater for 24 hours.

-kc

We're building bridges here in Huskerboard, how 'bout them apples!?!? That's a much better snap shot. I agree, if Shaw would've played against AU, USC would've won, but that wasn't the case and that game is history now. I would only humbly add, that our current RB, Brandon Wilds, was actually the 5th string RB when we started the season. We lost Carson, 2nd string, against ecu, then Miles broke his wrist, at Miss State I believe, and Baker was never that healthy all year. Wilds had several 100 yard rushing games, avg'ing over 5 yards a carry and was amazing... considering he was a True Freshman and that our OL played decent, but not great.

Just remember that London Bridge was falling down at some point. Fraternization with the enemy CAN be grounds for expulsion from Gamecock Nation. You have been duly warned.

Haha I love that Nebraska fans are nearly non-existent in this thread!

The poor Nebraska fans are wondering why a Clemson fan is so wrapped up in the USC bowl game. See what you miss by not having an in-state, inbred arch-rival to deal with? Who is your biggest football rival now, by the way? I always thought it was Oklahoma back in the day.

How many fans do you think you guys will bring to Orlando? I'm expecting us to bring 25-30K.

killer cacti has been a regular contributor to this board since the 2008 Gator Bowl, follows the Huskers and considers them his second favorite college football team, at least by my estimations. He's wrapped up in this game because a) he dislikes South Carolina and b) he's a Husker fan.

Nebraska has no true rival at this point in time. Oklahoma was our rival in the Big 8, but that rivalry began to diminish long before the Big 12 was formed. OU was downright atrocious in the 90's and the rivalry lost it's luster, and then it further degraded when we began playing each other only twice every four years.

Since that point, there are teams we don't like (Colorado, Missouri, Iowa), but I wouldn't consider any of them a real rival, per say. We dominated them for decades and then they began to squeak out a couple of wins in the 2000's. Iowa is just annoying because they talk a lot of crap for having been kicked around the last several times we've played them. More or less, I'm of the opinion that we have no rivals, just fan bases we dislike.

killer cacti has been a regular contributor to this board since the 2008 Gator Bowl, follows the Huskers and considers them his second favorite college football team, at least by my estimations. He's wrapped up in this game because a) he dislikes South Carolina and b) he's a Husker fan.

Yep, KC has been a valued member of HuskerBoard since the 2008 Gator Bowl. He's good people, just like it seems the SC fans are good people. Go figure, since you all come from the same state.

Maybe we could build bridges. Maybe HuskerBoard could be the Jimmy Carter to your Anwar Sadat and Menachem Begin. Here's hoping. :thumbs

Yep, KC has been a valued member of HuskerBoard since the 2008 Gator Bowl. He's good people, just like it seems the SC fans are good people. Go figure, since you all come from the same state.

Maybe we could build bridges. Maybe HuskerBoard could be the Jimmy Carter to your Anwar Sadat and Menachem Begin. Here's hoping. :thumbs

haha, Huskerboard=Camp David...at least until Cacti invites his friends over, then it's time to reactive all of those word filters you had to change for the c$%ks! ;)

NU fans are way too well mannered for their own good.

Eat my shorts, dirtbag.

Please, please be more civil when speaking with those outside of our fan base! Remember we are the greatest fans in football, we have a reputation to uphold. :sarcasm

Yea its fine the Dude and I have a hate-hate relationship

Hey badgerfan . . . where do you live? How does one become a Wisconsin/South Carolina fan? Strange.

I'm in the Military, don't even try to keep track of where I've lived and universities I've taken classes at...currently I'm in Manhattan.

Since you asked though I was born in Madison and raised about an hour and a half east of the Twin Cities to a family of Wisconsin grads so I grew up pulling for the Badgers...more recently my cousin was a walk on WR and is currently a GA. Being a fan of the Badgers is in my blood. I can't really help that.

That said I earned my undergrad from USC. It's my Alma Mater and I love the Gamecocks.

For the purposes of this board I choose to be badgerfan since this is a Big Ten board and it wouldn't make much sense to name myself "Gamecock who also really likes the Badgers".

Where did you live? I lived in Eau Claire and Menomonie during my Wisconsin stint. Now I'm in MN. I liked Wisconsin much more.

Hey badgerfan . . . where do you live? How does one become a Wisconsin/South Carolina fan? Strange.

I'm in the Military, don't even try to keep track of where I've lived and universities I've taken classes at...currently I'm in Manhattan.

Since you asked though I was born in Madison and raised about an hour and a half east of the Twin Cities to a family of Wisconsin grads so I grew up pulling for the Badgers...more recently my cousin was a walk on WR and is currently a GA. Being a fan of the Badgers is in my blood. I can't really help that.

That said I earned my undergrad from USC. It's my Alma Mater and I love the Gamecocks.

For the purposes of this board I choose to be badgerfan since this is a Big Ten board and it wouldn't make much sense to name myself "Gamecock who also really likes the Badgers".

Where did you live? I lived in Eau Claire and Menomonie during my Wisconsin stint. Now I'm in MN. I liked Wisconsin much more.

Eau Claire...wow small world...I'm from Rice Lake

-kc

A sound and reasonable post coming from a Clemson fan. You've earned my approval at least.

I will abstain from calling you a tater for 24 hours.

Just an FYI, because I don't want this thread to die, it's been over 24 hours. You're slipping Badgerfan!