DC Candidates?

Why would he make a lateral move from Iowa to Nebraska?

These could be possible reasons why he would make a lateral move.

1) Iowa's DC resigned. So leaving gives him a choice as to who he will work with.

2) Pelini is known as a great defensive coach. Chance to build knowledge.

3) Nebraska has a great rep.

4) Similar to 2. Taking more than 1 job is good for career growth.

He is a guy that recruits Florida so that would be nice for the Huskers.

That may be the thing we are all missing here. Sure we need to fill a defensive position but we also need someone who can bring in some players. Even if the hire isn't the most experienced as a coach, if he is a hot recruiter, that could get him the job.

He hasn't exactly reeled in the recruits while at Iowa. Granted he's coached some very good DE's, I just don't get the hire.

I don't care what coach goes where. This defense better get more aggressive. Attack more. Stop this bend don't break crap. Stop playing patty cake read and react crap with the offensive lineman. The new coach has to bring an attitude, and attacking mentality to this defense. Your supposed to be the aggressor on defense. Not play scared. We played like we were afraid to commit to anything all season long. Nobody gets better that way. Nobody learns that way.

Have you ever met the roaring Ahole? Trust me ten minutes around him you would have different idea about him.

I do agree he did the best job he could do. How he went about it was wrong from the get go. The way he treated people was just wrong. My wife and I sat at dinner event with him and I though my wife would kill him. Actually one person she dislikes more than Bo. Rude arrogant slimey in every aspect. You wanted wash your hands after you shook his hand.

Curious: Why does your wife dislike Bo so much? He has really changed his sideline demeanor. Why the continued 'dislike'?

As I've read this topic this thought came to me: We as fans and even the media to some extent know who we would like to see as our next DC. However, I wonder what the players think? I wonder who they would like to see become their next DC? They are the ones who are going to have to develop a relationship or deepen a relationship in the case of JP. They are the ones who are going to have to take direction possibly from a new person. They are the ones who are going to have to possibly impress 'the new guy'. Since they is a 'black out' with regards to social media we won't know until the DC is chosen but I would love to be a fly on the wall when it happens. I would suspect that most of the players who have been with JP for the past couple of years are pretty dedicated to him. If he moves up the transition could be less of a change vs. bringing in a new guy, who might be really good but it will still be somewhat of a change. It will be interesting to say the least. I'm still torn. I like the idea of Stoops and an outside hire but the development of a guy who is already in our ranks makes for an interesting choice as well. We'll see.

As I've read this topic this thought came to me: We as fans and even the media to some extent know who we would like to see as our next DC. However, I wonder what the players think? I wonder who they would like to see become their next DC? They are the ones who are going to have to develop a relationship or deepen a relationship in the case of JP. They are the ones who are going to have to take direction possibly from a new person. They are the ones who are going to have to possibly impress 'the new guy'. Since they is a 'black out' with regards to social media we won't know until the DC is chosen but I would love to be a fly on the wall when it happens. I would suspect that most of the players who have been with JP for the past couple of years are pretty dedicated to him. If he moves up the transition could be less of a change vs. bringing in a new guy, who might be really good but it will still be somewhat of a change. It will be interesting to say the least. I'm still torn. I like the idea of Stoops and an outside hire but the development of a guy who is already in our ranks makes for an interesting choice as well. We'll see.

too many transistions going on now with lots of inexperienced coaches at NU........give me a solid guy, with proven credentials for a change.

too many transistions going on now with lots of inexperienced coaches at NU........give me a solid guy, with proven credentials for a change.

True. Wow. There are so many variables to look at with this decision. I hope it's a good one!

according to husker corner mr. bob stoops from oklahoma has given bo permission to speak with Matty McMillen(Oklahoma Defensive Line Coach/Head of Oklahoma football operations)

http://huskercorner.com/2011/12/18/the-rumor-mile-continues-to-spin/#more-1888

If you choose not to read the article it goes on to say that Bo believes that this could be a program changing hire,

only question is whether McMillen is being eyed by Bo for the DC or just to take over for if they promote JP,

you would have to think that with McMillen's time spent at Oklahoma it would take alot more than a lateral move

to lure him away from Oklahoma

I believe its been mentioned in other posts that the players want JP...

according to husker corner mr. bob stoops from oklahoma has given bo permission to speak with Matty McMillen(Oklahoma Defensive Line Coach/Head of Oklahoma football operations)

http://huskercorner....spin/#more-1888

If you choose not to read the article it goes on to say that Bo believes that this could be a program changing hire,

only question is whether McMillen is being eyed by Bo for the DC or just to take over for if they promote JP,

you would have to think that with McMillen's time spent at Oklahoma it would take alot more than a lateral move

to lure him away from Oklahoma

Wow.