Is Mike'l Severe feeling ok? Burkhead vs. Ball

Mike'l Severe on Unsportsmanlike Conduct just said that he thought that Montee Ball was WAAAAYYY better then Burkhead (This was after Sipple suggested he wasn't). Montee Ball had that 30+ TDs, but a lot of those were from the goal-line. Like McKweon tweeted a week or so ago. Ball did nothing (Goal-line TDs), that 20 other backs in the country couldn't do. You give me a choice between Ball, and Burkhead. Give me Burkhead everytime.

Burkhead is a much better RB in the second level than Ball is. Our OL just doesn't get him there enough. Also, Burkhead has a better arm than Ball. :D

But don't discount what Ball did just because they were goal line situations. The defense's he faced all knew he was getting the carry and he still got in. If I had a Heisman vote it would go to Ball.

I dont know Ball is pretty good I think.

I wanna see what Rex can do with an above average Oline. Great line plays makes running backs look good.

Ball is an excellent back, but he's got an even better O Line. I would love for NU to have a comparable line. I think its close.

Burkhead isn't flashy, so people don't really realize how awesome he is. In fact, if the OL was better we might not realize it either because he wouldn't have to break so many tackles. The announcers were constantly finding out this year what we'd known for two years. I haven't seen many running backs who are able to do some of the things I've seen him do.

Is Mike'l Severe the kind of person who will say outlandish things, or things that go against the prevailing belief of his audience, with the intent to artificially create controversy and thus create interest in him/his show and increase listenership?

Yes. Yes he is.

Exactly....Wait I didn't say that....

I must admit, I live out of state so don't listen often, but that comment is ridiculous..... HE ACTS LIKES IT NOT EVEN CLOSE (Yes I'm yelling)....

A lot of times a RB gets a lot of praise it is because of the OL. Look how many average RB's looked great at the Broncos when Shannahan was the coach. When they got traded, they typically fizzled because they didn't get to run behind a great OL. I'm not saying Ball isn't a great RB, but stats especially TD stats can be a bit misleading when one gets to run behind a great OL.

A lot of times a RB gets a lot of praise it is because of the OL. Look how many average RB's looked great at the Broncos when Shannahan was the coach. When they got traded, they typically fizzled because they didn't get to run behind a great OL. I'm not saying Ball isn't a great RB, but stats especially TD stats can be a bit misleading when one gets to run behind a great OL.

Ball is fantastic, but his TD stats are VERY misleading....

Severe said Burkhead made the first guy miss sometimes...Really?? I can't think of more then a couple times he didn't make the first guy miss....

This is a pretty silly comment to me. It's a bit of feast or famine with Burkhead. He's had games and first halves of other games when he was ineffective and averaged less than a yard a carry. He had other games and second halves where he would get six+ yards a pop. It all kind of depends on what kind of game Taylor was having throwing and running the ball. Do they keep broken tackles as a stat?

Mike'l Severe on Unsportsmanlike Conduct just said that he thought that Montee Ball was WAAAAYYY better then Burkhead (This was after Sipple suggested he wasn't). Montee Ball had that 30+ TDs, but a lot of those were from the goal-line. Like McKweon tweeted a week or so ago. Ball did nothing (Goal-line TDs), that 20 other backs in the country couldn't do. You give me a choice between Ball, and Burkhead. Give me Burkhead everytime.

Its his job to rile people up and be a contrarian. Just like its knapplc's job to administrate this forum and wash my car every other tuesday.