SIGNED LB Josh Banderas

For those living in Nebraska who see Josh play... a question...

Based upon the numbers that Bandaras is putting up as a RB --- something like 10 YPC --- is there any way that he might fit in as a power running back at NU... or is his future certainly as a LBer?

Seen him play a couple of times. His gawdy rushing numbers are more of a testament to the kind of athlete he is. However for all the skill he has shown on the offensive side of things, he shines on defense. From reading plays, racing to the part, shedding blockers, exploding through ball carriers, to his skills as pass defender. This kid COULD be very special here

• 1 month later...

w

Bando fun fact for the weekend. He its participating on the Southwest bowling team this winter. Said he is averaging a 150 and currently on the junior varsity

That would be hilarious if he could bowl for NU's bowling team (not even sure if we have one). I like it when football players have quirky hobbies or talents. It detracts from the meathead, dumb-jock stereotype, even if that stereotype is becoming more and more outdated.

w

Bando fun fact for the weekend. He its participating on the Southwest bowling team this winter. Said he is averaging a 150 and currently on the junior varsity

That would be hilarious if he could bowl for NU's bowling team (not even sure if we have one). I like it when football players have quirky hobbies or talents. It detracts from the meathead, dumb-jock stereotype, even if that stereotype is becoming more and more outdated.

Just a fun NU factoid, even though I know this was said in jest, NU only has a women's bowling team.

I remember seeing the women's team on ESPN in the National Championship. Not kidding.

Our women's bowling team is a dynasty. Also not kidding.

I knew we were really good. Pretty cool that they were getting some ESPN love, since you know, they hate us and all.

Just in case he does get on the board, which I'm guessing he does not, let's get things talking about his accomplishments and how excited we are to have him playing for Nebraska next year! I saw this kid play once this year and I'm excited to get him on the team! I'm really interested to see how improved our defense is going to be in a couple of years because I see this recruiting class shaping up nicely on defense.