Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 12/27/2017 at 11:57 AM, LadyGlitterSparkles said:

Has anyone watched Dark yet? I highly recommend it to anyone who is not averse to reading subtitles (don't waste your time on the awful English dubbing). Sort of a Stranger Things meets Broadchurch sort of show, imo. 

We're two episodes away from the finale and have really enjoyed it, and you're SO spot on about the English dubbing. I laughed out loud when I read your comment because it's truly horrendous. It was the default audio setting when we first started watching. By episode two, we had turned off the dubbing and added subtitles because we just couldn't take it anymore.

You're right, though. It's worth it even with the subtitles.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Hot take overreaction: that 1:44 trailer already looks better than all of season 4.

Did you watch the re-edited version of season 4? I've been wondering if it makes it any better

13 minutes ago, GSG said:

Did you watch the re-edited version of season 4? I've been wondering if it makes it any better

I did not, but I also never looked into the re-edited version or what it all entailed. I was so disappointed in the fourth season I (mostly) blocked any and all reference of it from memory.

• Plus1 1

For those that might have missed it when it first came out, House Of Lies is now streaming on Amazon Prime after originally airing on Showtime.  It's got Don Cheadle, Kristen Bell and Jean Ralphio from Parks & Rec playing management consultants in the vain of Booz Hamilton and McKinsley.  It's irreverent, sarcastic, kinda dark and extremely vulgar at times.  I personally really enjoyed it.

On 5/11/2018 at 9:58 AM, Xmas32 said:

For those that might have missed it when it first came out, House Of Lies is now streaming on Amazon Prime after originally airing on Showtime.  It's got Don Cheadle, Kristen Bell and Jean Ralphio from Parks & Rec playing management consultants in the vain of Booz Hamilton and McKinsley.  It's irreverent, sarcastic, kinda dark and extremely vulgar at times.  I personally really enjoyed it.

All series are streaming or just season 1

Watched a few docs. this weekend:

Newton- Aftermath of the Sandyhook shooting. It didnt really focus on the events that happened but more on how the town was coping. They didnt mention the shooters name once. It was more about how do families cope with a tragedy of this level. 

Longshot- A quick 40 minute doc that I wont ruin by sharing too much but it is pretty interesting and terrifying look in to how quickly you can have your life turned upside down.

Evil Genius: The true story of Americas most diabolical bank heist- I couldn't stop watching this (i think) 5 part series. Pretty sad and truly dont get a ton of answers. Lots of speculation and some people claiming this or that, but just a sad series with a lot of very un-likable characters. 

I also watched both Ali Wong(comedian) stand up specials. Very raunchy but as a somewhat newish parent, I could relate.

• Plus1 2

510oFv0RBxL._SX342_.jpg

Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond.  I dunno if you can judge a four part mini-series after watching only one episode, but after

watching part one I think Fleming is AWESOME!  :thumbs

In case you're streaming a scary movie:

Make Horror Movies Less Scary With 'Where's the Jump?'

Some people love to be terrified. Some more reasonable people dislike being scared, and want to enjoy a classic horror film without worrying about cheap shock tactics. For those people, there is Where’s the Jump?, a database of jump scares in horror, thriller, and sci-fi movies.

For each movie, Where’s the Jump? lists the timecode of each jump scare, a description of each scare (which you can hide to avoid spoilers), and highlighted “major scares.” There’s also general info like the movie’s IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes scores, genre tags, and whether Netflix has it. You can sort the master list by any of these factors; check out the list of low jump scare movies to find scary or freaky movies that don’t rely on jump scares, such as A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night or the still-terrifying The Silence of the Lambs.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Interesting. I might actually use this. The funny thing with Silence of the Lambs is I spent the entire ending part in the dude's house just waiting for one.

WTH are you doing at The Dude's house? :D

• Plus1 2